Sunday, June 07, 2020

This and That... mostly in front of the TV

Well hello there!  Fancy finding you here, or is that me?  Life is relatively good on this side of the screen.  I'm keeping busy with this and that.  Not always obvious, but it's good nonetheless.

Weather went from Fall to Summer back to Fall almost, in a matter of a week.  I went from legging to shorts and flip flops, with even a sun burn, thank you very much! -  back to legging with socks!  Last night we had a big storm, the summer kind, with thunder and lightning.  It had been a long time since I heard the gods this angry!

I haven't been watching the news much, so, I do know some black man was killed by a police officer while others were standing by, and that there was a walk with looting... that's all I know, and that's ok.  I'm saturated by it all.  By the media pushing down our throats all this bullshit no matter what its covering, the virus, the useless death of a man, the violence, all of it is just too much.  I saw the speech Killer Mike gave in Atlanta, so well spoken.  I don't agree with everything he said, but a lot of it made sense.  These are crazy times.  We are all feeling it on different levels, we're all affected and even infected by the craziness of it all.  Sad times really.

In order to escape our shitty reality, I asked Hubby to dig out my Harry Potter books, last week.  I'm already on book 3, and man oh man, I still love it!  So much imagination and like someone who sent me a Potter postcard wrote me recently, it would be nice to have such magic in our lives.   We've been watching a lot of television, some shows, caught a few (read quite a few) new series (like "Hunters", "Dead To Me", "Defending Jacob", "Dead Still", "A Discovery of Witches") and watched many movies.  Watched "The Art of Racing in the Rain", which I knew nothing about, but when I saw that Milo V. played in it I decided to watch it, and i cried! Lots!  I will try to find the book and read that. A good cry for sure, and I know, like always, the book will be way better than the movie!

Tonight, we watched "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas".  What a movie that was.  Yes it is about WWII, about the Nazis, but it made me (us, really!) think about those kids (on either sides), the wives and relatives of those officers, something I had never really thought of before...  That too, I will watch again.  Some movies felt like we were robbed of two hours we would never get back, but others, were worth the time to watch them for sure.  One that was weird was "I See You", twisted and yet, to think that someone could slip into our home, and live hiding in our house without us knowing... that is one scary thought!

In case you're wondering about my hair, it is growing (fast), so I've booked myself an appointment with my hairdresser (for when she will reopen) for a cut, but I haven't decided if I want to stay salt and pepper...  Some days I think, nah, don't like it, and others I don't care... so maybe once I have an actual cut (whatever she will be able to do with what I'll have by then) I won't mind the grey so much?  I always thought Jamie Lee Curtis looked great with her grey hair...

So who knows, maybe I'll like it too?  Started "socializing" some.  Went for a walk, with a freaking mask (because my friend insisted!) which I hate wearing BTW, and it was nice to talk to someone in front of me that wasn't my husband.  He's the one who goes out and does all errands, so I haven't seen many real people in the past few months, other than him.  I went out again, with another friend, also for a walk (that is when I got my sun burn), but without a mask this time.  We saw so many people, walking in cluster, no social distance at all, very few were wearing masks, and often those who were weren't wearing them correctly.  If you're going to put a mask on, then put it on you nose and mouth, not your chin or throat.  Like those morons who are alone in their car with a mask on... really?  Do they also wear a condom when masturbating?  Just as stupid!

This whole pandemic, real or not (many conspiracies theories out there) was a major clusterfuck on many levels.  It has affected not only our morals, but hurt everyone.  Our economy hurts and will hurt for some time, some businesses closed and won't reopen, it sucks on more level than one.  The worst of it all, is that we're being fed whatever the government and the Powers That Be wants us to "know" or "think" and that is scary.  We can have those numbers say what the heck we want, and make us fearful... a great way to control the mass... 

OK I will stop here, enough.  Stay safe people!

No comments: