Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Twenty Freaking Years Already!

 

This is my favorite picture from our wedding reception...

Twenty years ago we were barefoot,
somewhat sweaty on the beach,
at sunset,
surrounded by friends and loved ones.

Twenty years ago we exchanged vows, 
in front of everyone,
we promised to be there for one another.

Twenty years ago we were in love, 
we wanted to do the deed, 
and we did it our way.

Twenty years ago I married my best friend, 
the man with whom I laugh daily, 
mostly at him, 
but that's another story.

Twenty years ago we were happy, 
excited to celebrate it all, 
to pursue our dreams together.

Twenty years ago I had no idea, 
my love for you would keep on growing, 
and we'd have so much fun.

Thank you for being here for me,
freely and willingly, 
(if need be)
for your patience, 
your tenderness and care.

Cheers to us for another twenty years!
Luvu my cute husband!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vous êtes beaux!! ��

De_Queen said...

Wow!! Félicitations 🥳 vous êtes magnifiques sur cette photo. Je vous en souhaite encore 20 et plus 🥰