1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
- Most definitely wrapping with lots of tape! You have to work at it! But I must say that my “green conscience” kicked in this year and I used some canvas bags (tote bags) but it doesn’t look the same.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
- Artificial even if I would love to have a real one…
3. When do you put up the tree?
- I tend to do it beginning of December, like last weekend! ;-)
4. When do you take the tree down?
- I normally do that right after New Year’s, so that once I’m back to work there’s no more tree or decorations.
5. Do you like egg nog?
- Can’t say, don’t remember ever tasting it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
- That’s a tough one… I loved my "Easy-Bake Oven", and my 45 turntable! Look at me posing with it... As a teen I would have to say the year my parents surprised me with my stereo player.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
- Nope! Actually, until my father’s death, there was no angel in my tree either. The year he died I saw this “old fashioned” Pooh as an Angel and it was the only one until this year. I put up an angel that my MIL painted.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
- Nobody really. I like to personalize my gifts, so when I see something that reminds me of that person or if I think they’ll like it, I simply get it.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
- Besides myself? He! He! I’d have to say Hubby.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
- Mail, of course! Even if it’s costing a fortune! I only send e-cards to people I don’t really know (thus don’t have their home address).
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
- Any gift “combine” with my birthday gift. My grand-mother used to tell me “You’ll get a bigger gift at Christmas” (since my birthday is one month before Christmas) and each year, all seven grand kids always got the same things. One year I called her on it. Made my father laugh, but not my mother. I think I still have a lump on the back of my head…
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
- For the child in me “The Polar Express” and “The Grinch”; for the hopeful one in me “Joyeux Noel”; I just love that mushy stuff. This year I have to watch "A Christmas Story" since Preppygirl is such a fan. Also love all Peanuts, Grinch (cartoons).
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
- No particular date since I shop year ‘round!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
- But of course, just like birthday, wedding… (who hasn’t, really!)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
- I love Fruit Cake, my mom’s donuts, her “gateau pas cuit” and her “fudge”, she only makes those at Christmas, makes us appreciate them more.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
- Colored for the tree inside and we used to put clear lights on the big evergreen we had at the house in the suburbs.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
- “Ave Maria” gets me every year. But I also love “White Christmas”, and the classics.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
- As a kid we always went to my grandparents who lived seven hours North of Montreal. Now I enjoy being home for Christmas.
- I don't think so, but I can name all my 59 first cousins!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
- Neither! I have a Mickey dressed as Santa holding on to the tree top and waving a lantern (check him out below).
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
- As a kid it was after the Midnight Mass, now Hubby and I might open one before going to bed and the rest is on Christmas
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
- Being in a mall!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
- Red, Green, Silver and Gold. And one could say that my theme is “childish” since my tree only has “Sylvester”, “Mickey”, “Tigger”, “Pooh”, cats and penguins.
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner?
- Tourtières & ragout de pattes! (traditional Québécois meals) For those curious and who enjoy cooking I've linked to recipes, don't know how they taste since they are not my recipes, but the ingredients look right. It might give you a better idea of what I mean.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
- A few good books, and some good tea!
26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
- Someone who enjoy Chirstmas?
27. Who is least likely to respond to this?
- Someone who doesn’t care about this time of year!
Give it a try, you'll see it's fun!