As promised, here are the answers to my little quiz. Thanks to all who did try.
1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends: Boxing - Good answer given by: Marius and Hasarder
2. North American landmark constantly moving backward: Niagara Falls. The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute. - Good answer given by: Princess Slea and Hasarder.
But the best answer was Marius'!
3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons: Asparagus and Rhubarb. - Good answer given by: Hasarder for the Asparagus
4. The fruit with its seeds on the outside: Strawberry. - Good answer given by: Brave Astronaut, Simplypink, Ananke, Trueself and Hasarder.
5. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems. - Good answer given by: Marius, Brave Astronaut, Ananke and Hasarder.
6. Three English words beginning with dw: Dwarf, Dwell and Dwindle. - Good answer given by: Marius (all 3) Ananke, Trueself and Hasarder (partial).
I would suggest that "dweeb" should be added to the dictionary, don't you think?
7. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar: period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation, point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses. - Good answer given by: Marius, Brave Astronaut, Simplypink, Ananke, Trueself and Hasarder.
I had to look up "ellipses", didn't know those three little... were called that. I'll go to bed smarter tonight!
8. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh: Lettuce. - Good answer given by: Brave Astronaut, Simplypink, Ananke and Hasarder.
9. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with 'S': shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts. - Good answer given by: Marius (6), Brave Astronaut (4), Ananke (3), Trueself (4) and Hasarder (6).
10. This one, by the way, was for those of you who actually know the proper way to type, what they showed in typing classes... "Stewardesses" is the longest word typed with only the left hand and "lollipop" is the longest word typed with your right hand. Bet you're trying this out right now, aren't you? - Good answer given by: Noone.
This was fun, wasn't it? It sure was for me, since I had all the answers! ;-)