Sunday, January 03, 2010

Already in 2010... wow and I remember being excited about 2000

The first week of 2010 is done already. Looking down at my keyboard I see the date and can hardly believe how fast the Holidays went by. All this planning and anticipation, and let’s not even talk about the stress those two weeks can generate, and it’s now done. I’ve taken my tree and everything else down so that I can get back to my routine for another year.

I normally do a “look back” at year-end. It helps me realised that despite what I might of thought at the moment, things weren’t that bad. 2009 was quite a year not only for us, but also for the world in general. I almost feel bad writing this, but I feel we were very blessed. We both worked, we were both overall healthy, we were able to travel and enjoy the trip with my mom. We were entertained on more than one occasion, with shows like Cirque du Soleil (both here and in Vegas), John Cleese’s, Jersey Boys (in Vegas, as well). I reunited with some high-school friends and was actually happy to do so. I have a loving husband; good friends plus I have you, my blends. What can I say? I am really blessed.

Did anyone watch the "Rocking Eve" show on TV? We did for the last 15 minutes or so. I must say, I don’t particularly care about Ryan Seacrest, but it did bring tears to my eyes when I saw Dick Clark (actually it’s more when I heard him, but anyway…) I wasn’t expecting that at all. It’s sad. 2009 took many good people away, relatives, friends, and popular figures like Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, David Carradine, Bea Arthur, the actor who played Lorne on “Angel”, Eartha Kitt, Brittany Murphy (O.M.G. I had no idea!), and so many more, like MJ, of course. (Check out this site if you want to know whom).

We’ve had a good two weeks, saw plenty of relatives and had time to relax at home just the three of us, which is what we wanted. We didn’t have enough snow to really go play outside, and I’m not complaining about that either. I could so do without the cold and the crap associated with winter in Montréal. I hope you all did enjoy this special time of year, did not eat too much, nor drank but just celebrated enough to make it through healthy and ready to face this new year ahead of us.

For those of you wondering what happened with our Santa Paws Merely Gift Exchange, I have to repeat what Liz commented on Pigeon’s blog: “We're all making out like bandits in this exchange so far, aren't we?”

I did a post about what had been received by Dec. 21st :
- Brave Astronaut (read about it here)
- Greenduckies (read & view here)
- Lizgwiz (read and view here)
- Purple Pigeon (read and view here)
- and moi! (read and view here)

Since then, Marius, did receive his (read and view here)
- Just a Grail, received hers (read and view here)
- Libragirl, did receive her gift but has been too busy to post about it.
- Naughty Monkey did receive hers but has been a naughty monkey and hasn’t posted anything… yet.
- Periwinkle Studio did get hers as well, but hasn’t post either.
- Christina the Wench is waiting for the second part of her gift before posting about it.
- Grumpy Young Lady should be getting hers anyday now, if she hasn't yet.
- Midlife Mama’s was lost in the mail, and another one is on its way.
- St-Jude’s and LeaAnn didn’t get theirs yet.

On fifteen participants, eleven of us got our gift, but only six of us actually posted about it… so far. Four of us haven’t received anything yet, sadly enough. Something to look forward to in 2010 other than bills.

Speaking of New Year, I’ve been wondering how are you going to refer to it? In French, I’ll say “Deux Mille Dix” or “Two Thousand Ten”, but in English I’m wondering if I’ll be saying that (Two Thousand Ten) or if I’ll be saying 20-10… What about you? What will you be saying? Any thoughts on that?

10 comments:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I can't believe how fast the holidays went either. I'm not sure how I'll say it, maybe I'll just say TEN. I don't know!
Happy New Year.

Hugs!!

Unknown said...

I am one of the evil ones who has not completed my Secret Santa and posted it. I'll not go into the litany of reasons, culminating in a battle to the death with a nasty rhinovirus, but it will go out this week. I promise.

Meg said...

2009 sure did fly by. Happy New Year!

LeeAnn said...

Happy New Year! I remember when I was younger thinking about the year 2000 and how *old* I'd be then . Hard to imagine that's come and gone a decade ago. Where does time go? It's "Two Thousand Ten" for me until I figure out or hear of a shortened way to say it.

lizgwiz said...

I'm going with 20-10. That's the fewest syllables.

3carnations said...

I'll be saying two thousand ten. I like it better.

I was sad about Dick Clark, too. Especially when he had difficulty with the countdown. But, he was doing what he loves to do, so I'm glad for him for that.

Happy New Year!

kara said...

i haven't put away my decorations yet. and if you think that's lazy, you should see my laundry basket.

flurrious said...

I can't believe it's 2010 (which I'm pronouncing twenty-ten) either. I was told there would be flying cars.

I didn't see Dick Clark this year, but the last time I saw him (a couple of years ago, maybe?), it was very sad. It seems like he didn't age at all for forty years and then after the stroke, it happened all at once.

stinkypaw said...

GEM: All the best to you as well.

Marius: You're not evil, please. Take care of yourself, despite the cold.

Meg: To you as well!

LeeAnn: I remember the same thing... I thought I'd be as old as my mom, eh. :-)

lizgwiz: Same here.

3c: All the best to you and yoursf for 2010.

kara: I'd say busy more than lazy...

flurrious: I thought it'd be like in the Jetsons :-/

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's 2010. It's so weird. My friend Beth and I were talking about it and we think we'll be saying 20-10, just because you didn't say Nineteen Hundred Eighty-Five. You know? It still feels weird.

I did see the Rocking Eve, we turned it on for a little bit. I hate Ryan Seacrest so it gave me another opportunity to loathe him and tell him how much of an idiot he is (not that he could hear me). It was sad to see Dick Clark but I thought it was cute when he was kissing that blonde lady (I'm assuming that's his wife).

It was a good night and I'm hoping that 2010 will be the best year ever for you and yours!