About our vacation… we had gorgeous weather, aloha, Hawaii, the land of eternal sunshine. Our seventeen days away were busy. Here’s a quick recap of what we’ve done and seen:
|View from the jacuzzi of the Kona Coast Resort|
- Was the relaxed recipient of a “lomi lomi” massage by the ocean – with the real sound of waves hitting the shore not that tape/cd crap… what a treat that was!
|View from the massage table...|
|One of the many seahorse they had at Sea Riders|
- Went to a luau – just had to for my mom and our friend. The food was good and the entertainment was typical, but boy oh boy did the dancers look good!
|Hula Boy at the Royal Kona Resort - can you say Yummmyyy!!!|
- Took a two-hour helicopter tour of the Big Island – that was amazing! To see red hot lava was really something else.
|Steam from a vent on Kilauea|
- Did some snorkelling and got to see multiple coloured fishies…
|View of Place of Refuge, from "Two Steps" where we snorked|
|Our sand honu, not bad...|
- Got to spend some time with a dear friend and visited our karate master.
|View from our room at the Ilikai (Honolulu, Oahu)|
- Finally climbed Diamond Head (first time after sixth visit!)
|View of Waikiki & Magic Island from Diamond Head|
|"Downtown" Hanalei, Kauai|
|Napali Coast taken from near the top of Waialealea|
|My favorite flowers: plumerias|
|A beautiful nene, near Kilauea|
|Spouting Horn, near Poipu|
|There are roosters, everywhere, on Kauai|
|Our favorite beach, near Hanapepe on Kauai|
- Took a LOT of pictures (these are only a few from the 650+).
We saw new things, ate good food, but to say we’ve relaxed, I’d say we have not really. We’ve had good moments and not so much… travelling with my mother was a little more interesting this year than last year. Two weeks might be too much for us. Oh well. Next trip, it will be my cute husband and myself, alone.
Now if only I could get back into things here... *sigh*