Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oh! What a night!

Four years ago we decided to meet with a real estate agent to get our town house evaluated.  From that point on it went very fast.  Pieces fit together like the pieces of a jig saw puzzle and within a week or so we had sold our house.  All of this because we had reached our treshold with the stink issue of Rockbottom (our city at the time) and didn't want to have to bail my husband out, since he had decided to fight the city all the way.

Last week we had some serious exchanges with our neighbour who keeps forgetting to close the garage door. Last Wednesday I met with an agent to see how much we could get for our condo.  Our only main issue with this place is really our moronic neighbour, because we love the location (unlike our previous place which was in the suburbs which meant traffic no matter what). Tonight we met with the agents again to be presented their estimation.  Now we have to decide what we really want to do and where we'd want to live for the next five to six years.  We know it won't be here.  As the agent was telling us tonight, it's time to move when the irritant is starting to suck your energy and this situation with the garage door, as stupid as it may be, is affecting us.  I don't know if it is to challenge us, or simply because he is actually that stupid, but the garage door was left opened once again tonight, when it's -12 degree C (which is 10.4 degree Fahrenheit for my US blends) outside.  Among other things, we're heating the outside, fun, fun, fun!

Speaking of fun, I must tell you about the wonderful night I had on Friday, along 20,000 other people.  Bon Jovi in concert... wow!  What a show!  I took over two hundred pictures, especially since we had amazing seats.  We were so close to the stage, it was unreal.  I felt giddy.  I'm serious.  I truly loved it.  My ears rang for two days after, but it was worth every penny!  
View of the crowd, Bell Center, Feb 18, 2011
As per TechnoBabe's request, here are some of the good shots I've taken... enjoy!

Jon & Richie, Bell Center, Feb. 18, 2011
Yummy!  Bell Center, Feb. 18, 2011
Love that smile of his, during the Encore, Bell Center, Feb. 18, 2011

He was this close during the last song... Bell Center, Feb. 18, 2011
I was truly amazed by his stamina.  They're not young pupps anymore (and it shows), but to give a three hours long show is something else. I can't help and wonder how the heck they do it, especially the drummer.  To be banging on these drums (more like bashing), non stop, for three hours must take some major muscles and cardio.  It's impressive for that alone.  If they come to your town and you have a chance to see them, you won't regret it.

4 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

I have heard nothing but great things about Bon Jovi live. I'm very curious! Glad you had such a great time & thanks for the pictures!

Robert the Skeptic said...

The stamina is what amazes me. Even Mick Jagger is still prancing around on stage like he was 20-something. He's older then I, but if I dance around for two minutes with my grandkids, I'm winded and crash.

CiCi said...

Oh my goodness, I am so happy for you to have such good tickets. Not very many entertainers have that kind of energy and charisma. And you are right, they are getting up in age. Thank you for putting these photos in your post. I really really like Bon Jovi and this was great fun to hear about the concert.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the selling, your neighbor sounds like a jerk. Hope the next one's are fantastic!!!!

The pictures. Delicious.

~michele