Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ever feel this way?

I feel like life is zooming by me, and all I can do is watch... I think I'm starting to feel nauseous... it's going too fast for my little heart head.  It's not really a feeling I'm enjoying to tell you the truth.  I'm prone to motion sickness, so you can imagine how I'm feeling.

Between work, life's challenges and the cold weather, it hasn't been all peachy on this side of the screen.  My back is still acting up somewhat.  I did go for an MRI of my head, neck and spine, over 13 (business) days ago, and I haven't heard squat from anybody.  You've got to love our medical system.  It took over a year to get that appointment and now I have to wait (still) to find out the results.  Hopefully it's nothing too serious, right? 

My kitty is doing... I guess I could say better, considering... He started eating again since he's on cortisone.  He hasn't been drinking anything in weeks.  He gets his liquids from his wet food.  His digestive system will have the better of him, that's for sure.  I've (we've) decided not to go for surgery in the end.  We'll do the pills and then that will be it.  I don't want him to suffer and I won't prolong his life for my benefit.  It won't be easy.  Last week I felt somewhat desperate and the thought of losing him was heavy on my heart.  I've decided to contact a few of our friends who do love our kitty and threw a little "Farewell Party" for my kitty.  A few people came.  It was mostly for my benefit, but nonetheless it felt good to see people caring for him and wanting to be there to pet him, and give him treats one last time.  It turned out to be a pleasant evening, despite it being somewhat strange...  He is a member of our household; he's been with us for the last sixteen years, it's not nothing.

Earlier today I realised that in a few weeks it will be Easter, and if seems only a little while back we were thinking of Christmas and all... life is going by way too fast.  I'm not living in the moment, that's for sure, the moment is already gone! 

Weather wise, it's been yucky.  The sun seems to be wanting to come, but for some reason the cold doesn't want to leave yet.  Even if it is sunny, it's still pretty cool (not to say cold).  Unlike last year, Hubby started to cycle (to work) yesterday morning, versus early March.  Even the main bridge to get to the South Shore just opened its bike path yesterday.  We still have snow on the ground.  Granted it is black and yucky snow, but still it is snow.

How about you, what's going on in your corner of the world?
___
Image

6 comments:

Murr Brewster said...

Sorry about your kitty. Ours, same thing. We headed for the exits before cortisone and pills but after radiation. We shared a vanilla ice cream cone and did the deed. It's still stuck in my throat, five years later, but she lives on my computer and I have no regrets.

Unknown said...

Lots of hugs and warm thoughts for you all.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, it is so hard to lose someone you love. Sending you love, and hugs and prayers!


~Michele

Wandering Coyote said...

Sometimes I feel that life is zooming by, and sometimes I feel it isn't moving fast enough for me, and I want it to catch up. It depends on my mood. This March has been hideous weather-wise here and it seems to be dragging on and on.

I hope you get your test results back soon. It does suck to have to wait so long.

Robert the Skeptic said...

This does seem to be a common experience, it seems like time accelerates as one gets older - you would hope for the opposite, but it is relentless.

stinkypaw said...

Murr B: Welcome to my blog. Thank you for sharing.

Marius: Thank you sire.

Michele: Thank you.

WC: Thank you, oh the joys of living here, right?

Robert: :-)