Saturday, November 19, 2011

What ever happened?

I just hate this time of year... It's too dark too early, it's getting colder and it does nothing for my morale.  I need light, warmth, sun for me to at least feel happy.  Being happy is a whole different thing.  I feel like I should be sleeping or something.   Having to add more clothes or to put on longer pieces of clothing is a nag.  I'm not even going into having to switch from shoes to boots...

What happened to the girl who enjoyed her birthday month (mostly because it was her birthday month), and didn't care if it got colder, wetter and darker?  Where did this carefree gal went to?  When did the thoughts of snowflakes turned her into wanting to become a snowbird?

Is that what aging is all about?  I wonder...

2 comments:

Steve Bailey said...

Im with you... here in Portland the winter can get me down... that's why I try if I can to book a vacation or two to somewhere sunny during these few months.... but Happy Birthday month!

stinkypaw said...

I wouldn't move to the West coast because of all the rain... I don't think I could adapt easily. I need clear sky. Thanks for the wishes.