Friday, June 22, 2012

Talk about a great Blend!

A few weeks back I wanted to see if I could get a new pin for my collection (started in Athens in 2004, by Hubby).  I ended up on this site.  I selected a pin and tried to order it.  Imagine my surprise when I saw they were charging me GBP 6.00 for the pin and GBP 25.00 for shipping!  For one little pin!! So, I cancelled my order and asked a blend who lives in the UK if she would order it for me and simply mail it to me.  I was pretty sure it would be cheaper. 

Being the great gal she is, she accepted and told me she was being charged GBP 4.95 for postage plus tax. Imagine that!

This afternoon, after receiving a postal notification that a parcel was awaiting me at the post office, I made my way there.  I had no idea what it was since I hadn't ordered anything big recently, and whatever I had ordered had been delivered.  When the post lady handed me a box I was somewhat troubled, until I saw the name of the shipper.  My blend had come through, but that was a mighty big box for a pin!

As soon as I got home I opened it.  Here's my latest addition to my pin collection:


To give you an idea, the pin itself is about the size of a dime. That's how big it is.

Here's what was also in the box:

My blend knows me so well, sweets, jams, biscuits, tea and a gorgeous tea cup & saucer!  I'm so spoiled!!  I love it!  I can't wait to have my tea in it tonight!  I'll feel so English!!  Love it!

Thank you so much dearest blend, dear Amanada, a.k.a. Pigeon - you rock!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is a "blend" a British Friend? Or is it something more cryptic?