Monday, December 10, 2012

That time of the year... again!

I don't know about you, but I'm a little freaked out.  It's already the 10th of December - where did it all go?  Yesterday, Hubby and I made a mistake.  I needed specific things (read Christmas card, in French, with penguins, for our company) so after doing a quick run at the hyper crazy-busy Costco, we made our way to a pharmacy to see if they would have some cards.  Then Hubby suggested going to Dix30 - I know, crazy, right?  Actually it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be.  It was way better than Costco, anyway.  We hit Indigo and another store near by and within two hours all together  we were back home.  Not bad if I do say so myself.

Because it is that time of the year, I've been cooking/baking, not just for us but for others as well.  I've had a few orders for meat pies, chicken pot pies, some sweets... I've also baked some cookies that I've spent Thursday decorating with a dear friend.  We worked over six hours on these babies.  She took some pictures of them, but haven't sent them to me yet...

Just now I've done some sweet treats and managed to burn my index of the right hand with the boiling caramel, it hurts! Dang!  And they're not even for my pleasure!  Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who accepted to do the dishes so that my throbbing finger doesn't feel worst in the hot dish water.  Did I say how much I love this man?  I do!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope all that stress will not interfere with your actually rejoicing and enjoying this Christmas season. I know it is very natural for us all to get caught up with all the different tasks and activities but really, they are not the essentials of Christmas. I am reminded about the story of Mary and Martha when Jesus visited. Martha was busy with all the food preparations for her guest but Mary sat at Jesus feet and listened to His words. Sometimes it is better to be quiet and still to really relish the good things in life. Wishing you peace amidst the hubbub.