Sunday, June 08, 2014

Hate it a strong word

Often we'll use the wrong word, or not say what we really mean in order to spare someone's feelings.  We tell what is often called 'fibs'... nothing too serious...

fib (fɪb)
n
1. a trivial and harmless lie

 Or is it?  Why do we feel the need to tell a lie?  Is it to protect someone, or because we don't have the balls to speak our mind, call it as it is?  I wonder.

People who do know me beyond this screen, do know that I'm one who will at times hurt with my words, because I tend to be (too) honest.  I don't think of lies, fibs or anything of the kind as trivial and harmless.  They are not.

If/When you don't want to do/say something, please be grown up enough to say so.  I will respect you a lot more if you're honest and speak the truth than if you lie for whatever reason.

You're not protecting fuck all expect your sorry ass when you lie, remember that.  At least, the very least, be honest with yourself.  That would be a good place to start.

I think it hurts me more when I find out someone lied to me than having been told the truth in the first place.  Hate is a strong word, but I DO hate liars!

No comments: