Friday, July 04, 2014

... only life to be lived with respect and duty...

I need to vent, and being alone at home, doesn't fill out the requirements to vent properly, so I'm posting! If you have the pleasure (ah!) of having met me, I'm not even thinking of knowing me, just having met me is plenty, I'm sure you've noticed that I'm blunt. Hubby says I'm confrontational and he's right. I will ask the hard question when need be, because I want to know.  I'm that way.  I like that about myself.  I ask when I'm not sure and (most of the time) I can deal with the answer.  It may not be the answer I was hoping for, but I got an answer and that is all I wanted.  I give people the same.  If asked a question, rest assure you will get an answer.  You may not like it, but you'll know where you/we stand.

That being said, in a recent post I wrote that I hated liars. I do.  I have no respect for cowards either.  I can excuse someone's lack of maturity if in their twenties, but someone my age not so much.

As you (may) already know I've been Postcrossing for a few years now. I looooove postcards.  Love sending them and receiving them as well. Postcrossing is fun.  It's a nice addiction, because it is.  Like through blogging, you meet people along the way, people who share the same interest, people with whom you create some bonds.  Some are tighter than others, but it's all good.  We all share in the pleasure of the activity (whatever it may be).

Last year, I've attended a meet-up, here in Montreal, where I've met people sharing the same craziness.  It was fun and the people were nice.  Through Bacefook we've exchanged, created different types of bonds, it was all fun and games, really.

Attended another one this Spring, quite smaller (we were only 5 people) but it's a nice bunch.  At the end, I spoke with two ladies attending about maybe attending another meet in Toronto this summer.  It was another pleasant encounter.  A few weeks later I see a post in a Bacefook group from one of the ladies asking who would be willing to attend a mini-meet with another guy who can rarely get away to attend the meets in Montreal due to his work.  All usual suspects answered they couldn't (it was a little short notice), but I answered I would be interested and even volunteered to drive to the meet, since the two ladies don't have a car.  I didn't hear anything back from them.  I assumed the meet wasn't happening.

A few weeks later I see in another Bacefook group posts being posted from people thanking the ladies for cards they've received from their mini meet.  My first reaction was being taken aback.  Then, being the pitbull I am, I've decided to say something to the two ladies.  I wrote them a quick little message saying that I was seeing multiple posts about their mini-meet with that guy and was wondering if it was the one they had posted about and for which I had written I was interested to attend but never heard anything back?  Neither of them responded.  Not a peep, squat.

Honestly, I was pissed off but I think I was more hurt to be "pushed aside" without any explanation.  If they wanted to meet with that guy alone, that was fine, they should have said so (and not ask anything).  In the following weeks, I've noticed they weren't as present as they were once.  They would comment in one group, but be completely silent in others.  I've decided to announce I would be attending the Toronto meet.  Didn't hear anything from them.  I even tried asking one, and her answer was somewhat general.

Yesterday morning, I announce the winner of a little game and neither of them commented (nor had participated) within seconds the guy announces the winner of a draw he did and one of the lady comments.  I go on her profile to realize that my paranoia isn't all in my head, she de-friended me and she's no longer in the group I manage!  What the Hell?!  I send her a message asking her what is wrong and if I'd done something to upset her.  It took her three hours before answering me, saying it had nothing to do with me, she just did a little clean up erasing about 80 people so that she could better manage her time and wished me a good meeting in Toronto.  I had also asked the other lady, who told me she'd been busy with work, blah, blah... and would explain more in a few hours.  She did.  She felt that she'd put in lots of effort into one group to no avail and because her English isn't that good she didn't feel like investing in another group, so she decided to be less involved all together except in her personal life. 

My intentions were to send both of them cards from the Toronto meet, to be a grown-up about it all, but after reading the first lady's answer I felt like they should both go fuck themselves.  I don't want to waste time on stupidities like these, about people with so little self-respect who haven't grown up enough to act like mature adults and have the balls to call a cat "cat"... I will not lie, I was hurt, but at this very moment, I'm over it. I'm letting go of my anger, since it would only be a waste of energy.

I enjoy Postcrossing, and going to Toronto for this meet, will be an experience no matter what.  It will be my first visit there, Hubby will be with me, and we'll be traveling by train, another first for me.  I won't let those two women put a damper on my enthusiasm.  They don't like me and my attitude?  Oh well, too bad, so sad!  It is their problem, not mine.  My hands are clean and I can hold my head high, I didn't do anything wrong.  I've been true to myself, to my best self.

No comments: