- We've been here eight weeks already, that's right eight weeks. We have another six to go, including this week.
- The past two weeks, the weather has been warming up and we actually see the sun more often.
- It isn't hot, it's warmer.
- I got my hair colored and cut. I landed on a nice girl who knew how to die and cut hair. It's not what I get back home, but then again, I'm in Norway. One thing for sure, the cost of it was Norwegian - twice the price of what I normally pay.
- While at the Arctic Circle Center, I've sent myself a postcard. I haven't received it yet. I hope it's not lost. I really liked it.
- The kid that a friend sent our way came and went. It was actually nice to have him around. Since the day he arrived was raining some, we walked around town a little and then went for a drive. We managed to get a few nice pictures, despite the weather. It's almost crazy how different things look between a cloudy and sunny day and with a few weeks later in the year. The lakes were all ice free.
We've driven past these little fishing camps a few times, and this time I did ask to go in. I was taken aback by how nice it was. Look at the water, how clear it is.
Around the bay, where the fishing camps are, there's this little white sand beach...I'm sure it must be popular during summer days. On that afternoon, it was desolate. Wonder if it had anything to do with the cold wind blowing?
- Days are getting longer. It's a really strange. For having lived with a guy who worked nights, and slept days, this is really different. The feeling when going to bed is just strange. At the moment, the sun is up for 22 hours/day!
- The kid kept going on his Summer trip - four months on the road. He's making his way North, further up than here, willingly. Imagine that!
- This coming weekend I'm traveling to Grenoble, by myself, and will stay with a stranger with whom I share a postcard addiction. Should be interesting. I'm actually excited about it. My first time in France.
- Given that our travel plans coming here were sort of made out at the last minute; we had not really plan our return. We had talked about vacationing after being in the cold, and being on this side of the pond it seemed like an occasion to visit central Europe. It will not be the case. We've extended our time in Oslo, a city we both liked and would like to visit a little more, and then we will head home.
- A part of me feels like we haven't seen much of Norway, that we haven't done the hikes we've wanted to, that we haven't tasted what we should; I feel that our time here is coming to an end, and it saddens me. Today, I've received postcards from a friend in Montreal who sent them to me to make me feel homesick. It didn't quite work.
- Hubby is seriously starting to miss the comfort of home, of our home. Especially when he's in the kitchen.
- He also misses his internet connection, which doesn't bounce him off, and he REALLY misses stores being open on Sunday.
|Night sky at 00:11 on May 25th|
|Proof of life, as requested|