Saturday, November 05, 2022

Oh My!


 Had not realized it had been THAT long since I last posted... I guess that is what happens when life takes over and runs with it all!

Where do I start? Won't/can't recall it all so basically, since my last post, we truly realized that condo life wasn't for us.  Having to deal with (mostly!) morons on a daily base and to "mother" them was really not for us.  Yes we are slow learners, you could say that, since we tried twice, once in a smaller syndicate for eight years and the second time a much bigger one with ninety-four co-owners... 

We chose not to be parents because we didn't want the responsibilities which come with having someone to take care of, the having to explain and re-explain and repeat over and over until either the kid gets it or we give up and do it ourselves... we didn't want that part.  Being in a condo association felt like that, explaining, repeating and having to keep cool at others stupidity and none caring attitudes... We tried.  I really did, I even got involved more than I ever thought I would, but it the end, before it got the best of me, I got out.  We talked about it all and came to the conclusion that we needed to start looking for a "stand alone" house.  We would look on Centris, spot a few houses and then do a drive-by to see the neighborhood, etc.  We made two different offers.  The market was (still) crazy.  One of the house we made an offer on had over ninety visits and almost fifty offers, among which ours was flat out refused.  The other house we bet on, our offer was also refused, but a week later we were informed by the agent the credit of the potential buyer had some issues, so we upped our offer and we got it.  The day the agent called Hubby to inform him our offer had been accepted, when he told me, my initial reaction was: "Fuck!"  Yep, you read that right, fuck!  I wasn't happy, excited or whatever else feeling one should feel when they buy a house, but my (sick) brain went directly to:  OK, get packing!  Time to stage the house, get rid of shit, put this place up for sale, what if we don't sell?  Shit!  Can we deal with two mortgages?...  Fucked up brain I tell you!  The thoughts that hit me weren't happy ones, trust me.

The way the Energy works is always surprising and interesting to me.  The day we were leaving to visit the house, I came across this lady walking her dog.  When I saw her, I smiled and kept on walking.  By the time I was making it to the garage's entrance, where Hubby was waiting for me, we had introduced ourselves, and she had told me she was a real estate agent, and she was friend with a couple living in our syndicate.  She lives a street over in the same area.  Since we had to sell our place, we contacted the agent who had sold it to us six years prior, and met with her.  We also decided to give this lady I met a try.  Long story short we went with the lady and her partner since they seemed more "willing" to get us the price Hubby was hoping for.  We got our price, and it sold within a week, one open house only, a few offers so that was nice.

We moved out July 14th to the house we were supposed to have July 1st.  The previous owners were so disorganized, it was unreal! I had thought I would be washing (walls, floors, kitchen) from the 1st to 14th, but we only got the house keys on July 10th!  They were moving out while our new appliances were being delivered!  They left the house in sad shape.  So fucking dirty... I was regretting our move, honestly.  I'm not afraid to work, hard, but I felt discouraged.  This is our first "pre-owned" house. All previous houses were bought on plan, while they were being built, so we always "personalized" stuff along the way, and made it ours.  When we moved in previous houses we had to clean from the construction not from savages who left so many dings in the walls and floor. Hubby left skin from both his knees from cleaning the baseboards, that's how bad it was.  We knew there were a few things we didn't like and would adjust, but once we were in, it turned out to be a different feel...  Neither one of us said anything about how we truly felt at first, but at some point we both came to the conclusion that if we were to stay here we needed to address certain issues right away.

The day we got the call for the real estate agent, I had contacted a friend, who is a house painter, and booked him for two weeks late August.  Good thing I did that.  The paint helped a lot to alleviate the feelings I was having towards the house.  The worst part was, for me,  at that point, the main bathroom:


It changed the feel whole of it, not only the look.  It was still on my "shit list" and would need to be redone, but I least it wasn't as depressing.  Hubby's main concern item on his "shit list" was the kitchen...  I wanted the closets to be redone, to be organized and practical.  We started looking at different organizing companies, draw some ideas.  Skip forward a few weeks, we decided to bite the bullet and have the kitchen redone, the bathroom, my office, and all the closets...👀  Yeah!  We are like that, all or nothing.

The demolition is starting this Monday (finally!), so I've been re-packing boxes, and running out of space as to where to put them...


Like Hubby often says: We have way too much shit for two people!! Today I was emptying the kitchen, all cabinets and pantry.  We have stuff everywhere:  the bathroom stuff is in Hubby's office, as well as lots of my office stuff.  The kitchen's boxes are stacked in the dinning area... our closet barfed out in our bedroom and Hubby's office closet.  I need to empty one more closet, which I will "store" its content in the garage, and tomorrow after running the dishwasher one last time, I will stow away our dishes for a good month.  It will be like camping, washing dishes (if we don't go for plastic!) in the garage sink and cook on the BBQ as much as possible... a fun month ahead!

Stay tune for the Reno Updates!
TTFN












2 comments:

Brave Astronaut said...

Make sure that I have a new, good address for you to keep up the holiday card exchange!
- John aka Brave Astronaut

stinkypaw said...

Sending you a PM on Bookface right away!! Thank you!!