Monday, April 17, 2006

Already Seven Years...

...that my dad past away today (April 17th, 1999). I read this story a few years back and since then, I never looked at a found penny the same way...

Remember this every time you pass that little penny in the parking lot.
I use to think that it was for Good Luck, but I love this version better:
I found a penny today
Just laying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny,
this little coin I've found.
Found pennies come from heaven,
that's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss them down.
Oh, how I loved that story.
He said when an Angel misses you,
they toss a penny down.
Sometimes just to cheer you up,
to make a smile out of your frown.
So, don't pass by that penny,
when you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven,
that an Angel's tossed to you
So now pass this on to the people who you care about and who you feel are angels to you, I just did. An angel is now watching over you.

One thing for sure, I know that my dad is watching over me.

Tu me manque vieux!

No comments: