Sunday, May 14, 2006

The first 40 men I can think of

Following last night's post I've been thinking about men, for some strange reason, and I decided to make a list of the men who "did it" for me, through the years. I was trying to do in order, but it got too confusing so, I'll write them down as they come:

  1. Elvis (in his younger days, his mouth is like an open invitation - he had charm, he knew it and used it)
  2. James Brolin (as Dr. Kiley in "Marcus Welby, M.D.", 1969)
  3. Scott Baio (as Chachi in "Happy Days", 1977-1984)
  4. John Travolta (in "Grease", 1978)
  5. Mel Gibson (in "Mad Max", 1979 - wow!, and then in "Tim" also in '79)
  6. Matt Dillon (in "Little Darlings", 1980 and "The Outsiders", 1983 - did it back then, don't do it anymore!)
  7. Patrick Swayze (in "The Outsiders", 1983 and then in "Dirty Dancing" in 1987, and what ever else he did in the 80s)
  8. Rob Lowe (also in "The Outsiders", 1983, in "St-Elmo's Fire", 1985, and in "About Last Night", 1986)
  9. Sam Elliott (in "Mask", 1985 - Oh! My Gosh that man!!!)
  10. Judd Nelson (in "The Breakfast Club", 1985)
  11. Aidan Quinn (in "Desperately Seeking Susan, 1985)
  12. Keanu Reeves (in "Youngblood", 1986 and liked him in "Point Break" , 1991 with Swayze)
  13. Johnny Depp (nothing to add! ...aw... maybe a good shampoo...?!)
  14. David Lee Roth (there was something about him, that made me just want to watch him!)
  15. Axl Rose (yeah, ok... ...can't really explain this one! so I had a thing for rockers/bad boys!)
  16. Rod Stewart (Yes, I think you're sexy!!!)
  17. Brad Pitt (in "Thelma & Louise", 1991 - those abs!)
  18. Andy Garcia (in "Black Rain", 1989 with Michael Douglas - he has that "latino" charisma)
  19. Tom Cruise (in "Taps", 1981, then in "The Outsiders", and THEN in "Risky Business", 1983 - what a boy... now? Well, he still has the look but that's about it for me...)
  20. Steven Perry (lead singer of Journey)
  21. Sidney Poitier (what a gorgeous man... still today!)
  22. Harrison Ford (that goofy Han Solo, but so manly at the same time...)
  23. Robert Redford (with Streisand in "The Way We Were", 1973 - he was simply unbelievably good looking, and his thick hair... the look of a "man")
  24. Paul Newman (in "Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid", 1969... even at 71 years old he still has it, not to mention his "baby blues"...)
  25. Mark Hamill (who didn't have a crush on Luke Skywalker?!)
  26. Dirk Benedict (as Lt. Starbuck in "Battlestar Galactica")
  27. Richard Gere (in "American Gigolo", 1980 , then in "An Officer & A Gentleman", 1982 and then again in "Pretty Woman", 1990 - just a darm good man)
  28. Sting (nothing to say here - had it back then and has it even more now!)
  29. Ed Harris (in "The Abyss", 1989 - most likely not for his look but for what emanates from him...)
  30. Michael Madsen (in "Thelma & Louise", 1991 - a real manly man)
  31. Matthew McConaughey (in "A Time To Kill", 1996 - He's just HOT!)
  32. Denzel Washington (he has this little something that makes me want to watch him!)
  33. Chuck Lorre (in "Dharma & Greg", 1997 - killer smile)
  34. Bruno Pelletier (yes, he's short, but still...)
  35. Blair Underwood (yum!)
  36. Ty Pennington (cute, great sense of humour and handy - what more can you ask for!?)
  37. Shaggy (his voice and his demeanour makes me think of "Once you go Black, you don't go back!)
  38. George Michael (back then and even now!)
  39. William Baldwin (in "Flatliners" 1990, in "Backdraft" 1991 and then in "Sliver" 1993 - hummm....)
  40. Al Pacino (now, that's a man!)
These are the first ones that came to mind, too many to list - that's what I'm realising! I take a break and then think of another one, but I decided to stop here (for today!).

I must say that my "favorites" are older gentlemen like Mr. Newman, Redford, Connery,...
and then there's the Clooney, McConaughey and Garcia...

Doing this little list I realised that an important thing for me, even if I've been saying for years that it's the butt, is the smile. The eyes follow close behind, and the rest well... In "real" life (or I should say "in person") it IS the butt. I like a nice round bottom, and for that I'm totally fulfilled at home!

Even now, names (& faces) are popping up in my head... oh well! It will be for another time!

8 comments:

PreppyGirl said...

I'm right there with ya on Newman and Redford. If I could go back in time, I'd be all over Newman (okay, even now!) I always had a weird thing for Tom Berenger too. Good List!

stinkypaw said...

welcome preppygirl! Funny you mention Berenger, I thought of him last night, but then again thought of him on "Third Watch" (in 2003) and.. well.., time wasn't that nice to him, but still he was quite a man, but nothing like Newman and Redford!

Jason Stockl said...

Here's my (partial) list:

!. Pierre Lapointe
2. Wilfred le Bouthillier
3. David Beckham
4. Colin Farrel
5. Jesse Metcalfe
6. Adam Brody

stinkypaw said...

I see a patern here! You like dark hair guys, and they all have a little something in common... interesting!

What about Wentworth Miller? He's such a cutie and he seems like a nice guy...

I guess we share a common "good" taste in men!

Jason Stockl said...

I've never heard of him, but he seems cute (I Google-ed...)

I did almost forget one of my fave cuties: Alexandre Despatie (GRRRRRR!)

stinkypaw said...

How could you forget that cutie-pie! ...especially in his Speedo! ;-P

Jason Stockl said...

7. Gael Garcia Bernal
8. Andrew Stetson

Do a Google image search if you haven't heard of these boys, it's worth it!

stinkypaw said...

Andrew Stetson... wow!!! nice... very nice...