Thursday, May 11, 2006

I got assigned the letter D

Guinness_girl on her blog (http://mymentalbuffet.blogspot.com/) has given me the letter D.

This is how it works: Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation of what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.

Here goes:

1. Different: Always been the different one, from not being allowed to wear jeans before my 18th birthday, to not wanting to be a sheep (read follower)…that’s what makes me special!

2. Dumbass : I love the sound of that word, especially when Red from “That ‘70s Show” says it. I’ve been using it on my husband (as a joke, even if at times…), and each time we crack up!

3. Dictionary: I use it quite often, not to see definition but to verify the spelling. I often get confused between the ways to write it in English versus French… That’s what happens when you constantly switch from one to the other.

4. Dirty: Something I hear often about my mind!

5. Dickhead: Too many of them around (whichever one you’re thinking of!). I particularly have a strong distaste for the Dumb kind (yet another D!), you know, the one driving like they own the roads, the one acting without any respect for others, the one breaking the law and never getting rightfully punished, the one thinking that everything is due to them – you know which one I mean, right?

6. Dildo: Something I wish I would have at times (you were warn at #4). Just Googled it and to my surprise there's a town, in Canada, Newfoundland & Labrador, called Dildo!!!

7. Death: I’ve been in this Lady’s presence way too often not to be fascinated by her, and to respect her. Death is the only certainty we have in this life.

8. Dog: My mom is closing house and moving to an apartment that won’t allow pet, so I’ll take her pooch in. Cathy (the dog) is a 13 years old chiuaua, which used to be my dad’s dog. My mom thought of putting her down, but I refused. Maybe the move will kill her, but I hope not. I like that pooch…

9. Disco: I must be getting older, ‘cause I just love the “old tunes” and got to dance when I hear them – Disco will never truly die! Who would have known that I would ever write something like that… me the rocker chick… Times change.

10. David Usher: A singer-songwriter (used to be front man in Canadian band “Moist”) that has this little “je ne sais quoi”, that gets to me. That is my type, dark, good looking and a flare of Asian… yummmmy!

...so who's going to be next? I came up with way more than 10, but I tried to take the good ones. What do you think?

No comments: