Sunday, June 04, 2006

My first list of "Why is it?"

I've noticed that a lot of people who blog post different lists, like "100 Things About Me", "Thursday Thirteen", etc. I'm a list kind of person myself. I find it makes everything easier, in a certain way.

While looking at my "task" for tomorrow where I've noticed that I'll have to make a list (don't really remember about what), so I thought that I'd start my own kind of list. Should it be a "what", a "why"? Hummm....


Why is it that when I feel like being quiet, or that I don't talk much, people wonder what's wrong with me? It's not like I'm talking all the time. I enjoy peace and quiet and at times I like to listen and not talk. Is that wrong?

Why is it that people think I'm bored because I'm working from home? It's not like I'm waiting for them to come home to go do something. I'm a big girl I can keep myself busy! Or is it envy?

Why is it that we are told it is selfish of us to not want children? I think that too often parents have kids for the wrong reasons, for selfish reasons like not wanting to be alone in their old days or wanting someone to love that is theirs. Isn't that selfish?

Why is it that when I'm intolerent, I'm told that I'm PMS'ing? No! I'm just bitchy! Nothing to do with PMS, all to do with attitude!

Why is it that slow people are ALWAYS infront of us when waiting in line? Or the not organised ones, looking for their membership card at the cash, even if they have been waiting in line for the last 5 minutes, they couldn't find their card during that time, noooo! They have to look for it at the counter, while we wait behind them!

Why is it that we always get the cashier that needs to change her paper roll in the cash register? Or the new wrapper who doesn't know that if you put the bread at the bottom of the bag, the cans of soup WILL crush it?

That is my first "Why is it" posting. Most likely not my last. If you have answers for me, please don't be shy. I want to know why it is that way...

2 comments:

3carnations said...

I personally can't imagine NOT being a mother. My son has been the greatest blessing of my life. For that reason, I can't UNDERSTAND why you would not want children, but I would never call it selfish. I guess I would say you are wise enough to know if something is not for you. Something like creating a life is certainly never something that should be done just to "go with the flow". People should mind their own business about your choices.

stinkypaw said...

Welcome to my blog! Thanks for your comment. Since Saturday some thoughts have been brewing about this child issue... I will be posting something "really" soon.

Thank you for respecting my view about not wanting a child - I know it must not be easy for "any" mother who loves her child to read that someone doesn't want that blessing (which I truly believe it must be), but at this point in time I don't think it is for me/us.

And yes! People should mind their own business about MY/OUR choices!