Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Phase Two: Step 14

Yesterday's task was trying to be more (or less) conventional.*

Where do I stand on this one? I feel like I’ve been saying the same thing over and over since I started Phase Two. The way I dress could be considered “conventional”, but then my hair not so much. At the moment I have this 2-tone hair color. The top is red and the bottom is black. Not really traditional, and I like to change my hair often. Like I keep telling people who comment on how often I change my hair (cut and/or color) “I can’t change my face this easy, so I change what I can!”

My behavior isn't also always conventional - I've been known to shock (or at lest surprised)at times. I know I do stand out from the crowd and at other I simply fit in.

The options they suggested in the book aren't really helping, it just brings one more questions/confusion. Because my hair is so short it would be difficult to do my hair in a more “normal” way than its usual spiky look. In order to try to be more conventional, should I remove my toe ring? As for trying on different looks when it comes to clothes, every time I go shopping lately I feel confused. Not young enough to wear certain things and yet not old enough to wear others. I don’t want to look like the Sylvia Fine, the Nanny’s mother (Fran Drescher), that dressed just way too…too… just too! Or like my mother who I always thought dressed too old for her age.

I'm stuck again!

It has been two weeks since I started the No Diet Diet and according to its authors I should have lost a few pounds by now. Dunno! Don’t have a scale!

I must say that I have noticed some little changes. I feel better, in my head, and I feel like I’m a “little” more tolerant (LITTLE being the key word here!)...

Most importantly I’ve noticed that my diet/eating has been improving on its own, without me starving or craving certain things. I haven’t change or deprived myself of anything I felt like and I am not even really watching what I eat.

It’s almost as if before I do/eat something I stop and think of how I could change that. Am I doing this out of habit or because I want/need to? It’s seems to be working. I’m simply more aware or at least it feels that way. I’m just not hungry, it’s weird.

I guess overall I feel happier, less anxious and more content with life. Just for that, the past 2 weeks have been worth it!

Let's move on to Phase Three!

* Just thought of something about not being too conventional, not wanting kids is surely pretty high on that list, no? hi! hi! hi!

No comments: