Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Well Deserved Rest


Our old pooch died, with help, this morning at about 10:30.

She was a sweet little lady, full of attitude, a loyal companion and a loved family member for over 14 years who brought me so much joy during her last five months here. Until her very last breath she fought and showed how feisty she could be and was all through her life.

I will miss ma petite doudoune and her "crazy dog" welcomes. May she rest in peace.

Keep wagging that tail Cathy, until we meet again doudoune. I miss you already... xoxox

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. And I am also so grateful that you gave me the chance to spend a week with her. I will treasure my memories of the "Little Vulture". Sob.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Aaawww, I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy losing a beloved pet.
Thinking of you.
Take care, Meow

Trueself said...

I am so very sorry for your loss, SP. It is very hard losing a treasured friend. {{hugs}}

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. We went through this three times this year with pets...so I definitely know how heartbreaking it is. She's watching over you, I'm sure.

stinkypaw said...

s.: Thanks S. it's hard to go in the kitchen and not see her do her "vulture" dance around me... She was petite but like you once said "a grande dame"...

meow: Thanks. It is far from being easy...

trueself: Thanks for the hugs, I need them.

3c: She was a great pooch and my heart is hurting... it's rough. Thanks.

Purple Pigeon said...

Poor pooch. Its sounds like she had a fun filled life. Hang in there, chuck. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sad. I'm so sorry to hear about this. {{{HUGS}}}

stinkypaw said...

elf: Thanks. I can only hope that she was as happy with us as we were with her...

ananke: Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dog. My heart goes out to you and your hubby.

stinkypaw said...

pg: Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Cathy. Sniff sniff...