Monday, November 06, 2006

What A Nice Surprise!

A few minutes ago, the door bell rang and it was a Fedex delivery. The box was addressed to me. Since I've been doing some online shopping I was trying to figure out what was in that box before opening it infront of Hubby. Wouldn't want him to see one of his gifts... I coudn't recognize the sender, so I asked Hubby to go away and opened the box.

To my surprise, here's what I found!


Hubby adopted a threatened giant panda on my behalf! Her name is Amanda. Isn't she cute!
It came with a little plush panda (Russ) and a certificate of adoption.

This is my third adoption form the WWF-Canada . I first adopted a tiger, Thor. Then it was Mirtle the sea turtle, and now Amanda!

Do I have a great husband or what? He thought it would cheer me up in my convalescence... I love the big goof!

13 comments:

The Scottish Tart said...

Amanda the Panda. :giggle:

Anonymous said...

That's so nice!! :) Good husband!

PreppyGirl said...

Hubby is awesome! C'est une bonne ideé! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME !!! SHE'S SO CUTE. CONGRATS...xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

The animal lover in me is proud of you. Good show!

stinkypaw said...

shewearsplaid: That's her name!

g_g: Great husband!

pg: Beyond awesome! BTW, the accent should have been on the first e.

anonymous: Thanks!

j67: Thanks!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

What a wonderful hubby you have.
Take care, Meow

stinkypaw said...

meow: You have no idea!

PreppyGirl said...

Dang. I knew that. :D

Purple Pigeon said...

argh! Amanda the Panda! So many primary school taunts coming back to me! Shes a cute panda tho. Great gift!

stinkypaw said...

elf: I didn't name her, she came that way - must have been hell in school!

Kala said...

I had one of these mailed to me and I was afraid it was a prank until I learned more about it - take good care of it!!!

stinkypaw said...

kala: I sure will - she's too cute not to!