Monday, September 15, 2008

Karma is really a...

If you believe in karma, and such, like I do, then once can't help and wonder WTF did I do in a previous life to pay back so much karma? I mean, really. If I’m here to learn something more, to discover myself, etc., than I must have been really dense in my previous life because there are a LOT of lessons thrown my way in this life.

If you think of dealing with death alone, just that I have pretty much seen all ways one could die: natural death, accidental death, due to sickness, self-inflicted, name it I’ve seen it. And I mean, really seen it. I’ve also learnt from it all. I’ve learned that we must cherish the time we have with our loved ones, because life is short and we never know when it can be over. I’ve learned to tell people how I really feel (not that this has ever been a real issue with me), and not take anyone for granted. We all die.

If you think of dealing with pains and aches, I’ve experienced a lot of those as well. I wish I could say that I’ve learned something, but the only thing I truly believe I did learn was to enjoy every moments I’m pain free. They are few and far in between. I still consider myself healthy and manage to carry on despite the pains. The first surgery I had I wasn’t even 5 years old!

If you think of dealing with morons, I’ve often considered myself a “moron magnet” as Hubby puts it. They are everywhere, and like that kid in “The Sixth Sense”, I see dead dumb people. I know what I have to learn from it; patience, which is really not my strong suit. I’m trying but man it’s hard! Especially when dealing with people too stupid to realise that you’re only trying to help them. I realise that one other thing I must learn is to let go. I have to let go and trust in things beyond my control. “Act as if everything depended upon me, and pray as if everything depended upon God…” man, that’s one tough lesson!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard at, "I see dumb people" I can't stop laughing!

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I hear you!
I see them too!
They are everywhere!

I'm sorry about all of the hard lessons but I must say, I think that you are very smart! You've learned a lot from them.

Don't worry about all the dummies. The aren't worth it.

Hugs!!

tNb said...

Personally, I think it's all this karma that makes people the most interesting. It's those who have never suffered who become insufferable bores ...

Anonymous said...

Karma as a religious tenet goes hand-in-hand with the idea that human life equals suffering. You have to work through your issues in this life to move on to a higher plane of existence. I don't know what the next plane would be, but I'm guessing it's "cat."

lizgwiz said...

I often wonder what I did in a past life to deserve this one. I'm thinking "owned a slaughterhouse." ;)

Annake said...

I read somewhere once that we come here to experience negativity because there is none on the "other side." If that's true, I think I've experience all the negativity I need to for one lifetime! And I'm also a moron magnet. There are just so darned many of them out there, it's hard NOT to attract them, isn't it? ;-)

stinkypaw said...

noble pig: A good laugh is always welcome!

traceyt: It's just harder when the dummies are in the family and have to be dealth with! Thanks.

tnb: Welcome back my dear! Good point!

flurrious: Cat would be great! ;-)

lizgwiz: At first I thought whorehouse, and then re-read it... funny!

annake: Especially when related to them! Hee.

pppaws: True and pitiless!

Anonymous said...

I seem to attract those who need a great deal of special assistance. I think I go overboard with the eye contact and smiling. Me and my damn midwestern upbringing- gets me every time

Attila the Mom said...

Hehehe. Moron magnet. Yeah, I get what you're saying. ;-)

stinkypaw said...

monkey: If only I would be like that! Imagine how bad it would be if I was "really" nice! ;-)

atm: For sure you would know! ;-)