Monday, September 01, 2008

Mish-Mash Thoughts

Gorgeous weather we’ve been having, almost feel like summer is here, finally! Weird to think it’s so bad in Louisiana… I would seriously considered moving somewhere else if I lived there.

My mother’s beau decided to stop all treatments. I did manage to see him on Sunday, talked with him and thanked him for being there for my mother. It felt good to let him know that I appreciated him and what he's done. He's a good man and I’m happy he’s been in our lives for the last nine years. I wanted him to know that. It was important to me.

I don’t get people. Why is it TMI to talk about body functions? It’s one thing we all do, the ONE thing that makes us ALL equal, no matter what our beliefs are, what colour skin we have; we all poop and pee. Why is it bad to say that you look before you flush? We should all do that. It does give us much information; if only we took the time to look at it, whatever “it” may be.

It must be a very strange feeling to know, when you’re fully aware & conscious, that you only have a few days left… I can’t really imagine it.

I’ve been thinking about completely changing my template, and even location for this blog. I need a change, and that’s one I can manage at this point in time.

Happy to think kids will be off the streets, as of tomorrow! Back to school rocks!

We just watched two episodes of "Prison Break"... oooh how I missed Michael... Did I say how much I love September? All these new episodes to watch, like "Bones", "House", etc... Can hardly contain my excitement...
___
Image: Mish-Mash

12 comments:

Unknown said...

To me the worst way to go would be fully aware of it coming. I think the ideal passing is being hit by lightning. But personally I'm holding out for immortality. ;-)

Periwinkle Studio said...

Yup, I would rather go to sleep one night and wake up in heaven. Knowing would be so hard....is it today? hmm
Would I know I am dying when I'm leaving this life? hmmm

You can talk to me anytime about TMI 'stuff'. I do that well....:)

Annake said...

I watched my uncle die slowly and it sucked. I don't think I want to know, I just want it to happen and be over with. Waiting to die is horrible, for the person it's happening to and the people who love them. :-(

Anonymous said...

I'm so ready for new TV show episodes. I can't wait for Grey's Anatomy and The Office. It's been too long.

Anonymous said...

Okay, maybe I'm lost or I missed something. I know he is dying but in a few days and is fully okay...I'm just confused...please set me straight.

stinkypaw said...

marius: I just hope you're not holding your breath on immortality! ;-)

periwinkle: I'll keep that in mind for the TMI stuff! ;-)

annake: You got that right, it's really hard on my mother...

julia: It's been way too long, even if I don't watch neither of these shows.

noble pig: The doctors told him that once he'd stop his dyalisis he would have 48 hours... So yes, he knows and he's fairly conscious despite the morphine. Does that clear it up?

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm glad that you talked to him! He's lucky to have you in his life too!

As for the poop thing, we all talk about it in my house. It's been hard to hear about strangers' bodily functions. Do you ever tell complete strangers about your poop? I don't!

I'm glad that you are excited about your shows!! I miss Summer already.
Hugs!!
:)

Anonymous said...

I don't get why the bodily functions topic is so taboo, either. We have 1 bathroom in our house (for now-remodeling) with 4 people using it. Nothing gets past anyone!

lizgwiz said...

I look before I flush. I admit it. As you said, it's informative.

Many, many years ago, I went out a couple of times with the guy who plays Bellick on Prison Break. Are you impressed?

stinkypaw said...

tracey t I'm glad too. And no I just don't tell strangers about my poop, unless I need to.

signe: Welcome to my world, and glad to see I'm not the only one open about bodily functions!

lizgwiz: I am impress!! I'm sure he must have been a nicer person than what he portrays on tv...

Nicotine Jones said...

I missed Prison Break too. I think my favorite character (aside from Michael) is Sucre. Always so energetic and positive.

I hope your mother's beau goes painlessly, knowing he was appreciated and loved.

stinkypaw said...

nicotine: I agree, Sucre is a sweety. And Thank you for the beau, let's hope so.