Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I just discovered Make Up For Ever!

I’m not much of a make-up gal, I basically wear eyeliner and waterproof mascara daily and sometimes I’ll put on some lipstick… Because I do wear eye make-up I try (yes, I know, I should do it religiously, but I’m also lazy, let’s not forget that!) to remove it before bed. I’ve tried many things, and was never really satisfied. Either some guck stayed on or it burned my eyes or felt greasy. I’ve even tried some crap that did all that. Last Friday we went to our neighbourhood drugstore, and while we were waiting for our drugs, I roamed around the cosmetic department, thinking I might need some mascara soon.

After wasting a good fifteen minutes, if not more, I finally asked the sales person if he could help me. I wanted something that won’t make my lashes look like spider legs, nor go lumpy on me; those were my two principal criteria. He suggested “Aqua Smoky Lash” by Make Up For Ever. Since he seemed to know his stuff, I also asked him about make-up remover. He grabbed this little blue bottle called “Sens-Eyes” put a small drop and started rubbing. I could see the mascara melting away. His little demo convinced me, and boy, am I happy it did!

I’ve been using it since then and I have to say I love it! It works great, never had cleaned eyes like that before, and they’re not greasy nor do they burn! It’s great! I give it two thumbs up!! Really!! I’m also happy to say that it was nice to talk to a sales person who knows his products and who advised me very well. I just washed my face and still can't get over how clean it removes everything. I love it!!!

5 comments:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Thanks for the head's up on that! I will look for it!

Hugs!!

lizgwiz said...

I had given up ever wearing waterproof mascara because I could never get it off. Maybe I'll have to rethink...

stinkypaw said...

Ladies, trust me, you won't regret it! I'm amazed everytime I use it (i.e. every night!) It takes everything off, and it's not greasy! Love it!!

Linda said...

I think I should go to the drug store now and check it out. I hate
eye-make-up-remover. Thanks for the tip. I just found your blog.
Linda

stinkypaw said...

SIT: Welcome to my world! If you try it you won't regret it, it really works well. Come again!