Saturday, November 12, 2011

Numbers only or not?

I know, I know, I didn't honor veterans yesterday.  I did in my own way, just not publicly.  Yesterday was also all about the fact that it was 11-11-11... What's the big deal about that?  This phenomenon has been happening for the last eleven years (at least) and it did before and it will again.  Woohoo, all the digits in the date are the same, and we should all do something also when the time is all on ones.  Come on people, don't you have anything better to do? 

If one makes a big deal about this 11-11-11 and chose that date to get married so that their spouse would easily remember their wedding date, fine, I get that.  Hey, we got married in 2000, so that Hubby could have easy maths to do when asked how long we've been married.  But other than that I just don't get it.

I'm somewhat superstitious, but when it comes to numbers, not so much. I know for some it is cultural.  Chinese people care a lot about numbers.The number three is important somehow.  I found that out at dimsum.  Do you care about it all or it's just a fun fact?

Next year the big date will be 12-12-12, wow, can't wait!  Oh no, but then we'll be in 2012... oh crap, we're in for some serious shit, no?

No comments: