Tuesday, September 17, 2013

How did those get there?

I'm no geek (unlike my husband, who's a professional at it), but because of him I do pick up information about computers, networks, web, etc.  I don't enjoy it, but I'm realising that I'm no longer just the dumb user.  I blame the husband for that - he knows it too.

I've noticed a little while back, that some weird things were happening to my blog without me doing anything.  Again, because of Hubby's paranoia about the inter web and such, I had to wonder. How do things work automagically?  Or is it due to a darn infection of some sort?  I do not know.  I can't won't ask Hubby about it, since I work in Winblows and he doesn't do Winblows.  He actually hates Winblows, and reminds me every time I have an issue with something, which is quite often.  He's one of those Unix / Linux people.  "Things work just fine on my pc" is also something I hear often. Argh.

You may have noticed on my previous post that there were a few links, (underlined links)?  They  happened automagically, since I didn't link them.   Is that because my computer is infected or because Blogger changed something about their advertising, or maybe it's the Google that changed something?  Whatever it is, I don't like it.  I don't like it while I read other people's blog and like it even less on my blog.

Everything changes.  Bacefook went from something fairly easy to follow to this bombardment of offers and promotions and friend suggestions that I'm not too happy about.   If I could go back to just a plain blog, without all the fluffy extras I would do it.  This is getting to me,and it's making me feel old...er.  I feel like there's too many gizmos, bells and whistles on anything we do, what about something plain, is that so bad?  I want a vanilla blog... is that so bad?



Update:  My lovely geek did fix it last night; my browser was infected.  All good now - thank you husband!


No comments: