Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ouch, that hurts...

Looking at the stats generated by Blogger, I should close this blog... If this was a business I'd run, I would have closed it by now following the numbers it's generating.  I'm hurting.  Big time.

I know many people left this media to play with Bacefook and to Tweet.  I've done it too, but always kept this going to some extent. I think I'm reaching my limit...

I've been trying to find new interesting blogs to read, but honestly I don't have time, and when I do well, I do something else.  I still enjoy writing, but I'm not sure I have much to say.  Let me rephrase that:  I still have lots to talk about, just not sure I want to write about it.

If you're reading this (post and/or blog) what keeps you coming back?  I know I can be blamed for lack of stability, I no longer post regularly.  One thing that did keep me posting was having regular readers, people I got to know through this blog (and theirs, often).  I'm a comment slut, I will admit it.  I just love reading comments.  It hurts when I post and get no comment whatsoever.  I actually hate it. I want comments, damn it!

I'm not a specific type of blogger, I'm no writer either, I write for my pleasure, because I want to express myself and like to connect with people.  When I get no comment it feels like I'm not interesting enough.  At times, I am aware that it is the case, but not all the time.  Come on!

I'm not cruising for compliments here.  I'm wondering what happened that I went from having some feedback from my readers to none.  Maybe I'm complaining too much?  Is that it?  I've always used my blog as a place to vent, maybe it got tiresome?  I've always called it as I see it, so maybe some got offended? I'm wondering... maybe it's just time for me to call it quit? 

I've been at it since April 2006. I've started slowing down last year.  May 2012 was the first time, since April 2006, that I didn't post at all.  Then it happened again this year, when I didn't post for the whole month of March.  My slowing down cost me readers, I know that, but still my numbers are somber and I really have to be doing some thinking here...I keep going and (try) don't care about the readers/comments I get, keep going for me because I want to write... hmmm... dilemma, dilemma...

No comments: