Monday, March 31, 2014

About Time

Just watched this movie... I loved it.  As we're about to enter April, not that it looks like it outside,  far from that.  We had yet another snow storm.  Winter just doesn't want to go away.  I know that Spring is on its way though, since on Saturday while running errands I've noticed that it smelled like Spring, you know, that smell of melting poop?  Yep, that is one sure sign of Spring, way more reliable than that ground hog, if you ask me.

Wouldn't it be great if we could travel back in time?  Having the possibility to just go back in our lives and do-over some of those bad days we've had?  I would love to.  I'm not one filled with regrets but there are a few moments that I'd like a do-over of sort.  I don't think I'd like to come back to my twenty years old self and change my experiences, those made me the person I am today.  I've worked (on myself) to get to this point.  I would love to go back and share some special moments again... like in the movie, go back to a day I could share again with my father, or with my favorite aunt, or friend.  A simple moment in time I could relive, just because for the pleasure of it, not necessarily to change it, but more to feel it again, to cherish it fully.


Already three months of 2014 have slipped by, at vertiginous speed or at least it felt like it at times.  I've been trying to take it a little more easy since we came back from our last trip.  It's not always easy or even possible, but I'm trying.  I've scheduled myself and try hard to follow it.  I've been good at avoiding work on weekends, and that's a very good thing.  I don't even answer emails anymore.  I take time for myself.  I've been scrapbooking some, working on our wedding album, at night. It forces me to be elsewhere than the office plus I'm away from the computer; bonus.

I've also been quite active with Postcrossing, especially since the prices of stamps are increasing as of today: $0,22 more for local stamps, $0,10 more for the States and $0,65 for international.  That one hurts, since most of the cards I'm sending are outre-mer.  Last week, I went shopping with a friend, at Ikea, and came back with sixty cards.  I'm a postal addict!  The next day I was receiving a little parcel from Poland with sixteen cards in it.  I'm fully loaded, I'd say, and yet, I'll always land on a profile that requests something I don't have; like a postcard of a dog.  Strange but true, I have no cards of dogs. Oh well.  Curious about some of the cards I've received and sent?  Check out my Flickr album, here.  They're not all there.  These are the ones that weren't scanned by the sender that I scanned myself, and they're only the ones through Postcrossing, nothing from the personal ones I've been getting (since 1978), too many to scan.  I still love sending postcards, and receiving them, it's fun to exchange with people from all over the world.  I've been doing it since high-school, with letters, then with blogging and now with Postcrossing and Bacefook.  Hours of fun, I tell you!

No comments: