Monday, March 20, 2017

International Day of Happiness!

Today is so many things to celebrate.  Who knew March 20th was such a busy day!

  1. First Day of Spring
  2. International Day of Happiness
  3. Alien Abduction Day
  4. Atheist Pride Day
  5. Bibliomania Day
  6. Franch Language Day
  7. National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
  8. World Sparrow Day
  9. National Bock Beer Day
  10. National Jump Out! Day
  11. National Kiss Your Fiancé Day
  12. Won't You Be My Neighbor Day
Those are the events being celebrated on March 20th, there are more for today being the First day of Spring or today being the third Monday of the month of March, unreal how we need to mark things.  Anyway, today being the first day of Spring, I thought I'd show you what Spring looks like in Pleasantville...

View from home office, March 20th, 2017 @ 1 pm
Nice and Springy, isn't it?  Today being the International Day of Happiness, that view doesn't convey that for me at all!  Quite the contrary.  I'm done with snow, I'm done with winter really!

I hurt myself thirteen days ago, in the back yard which at the time was all grass and ice.  I was touring the property with engineers and a representative of the builder as I slipped on the grass/ice.  I fell hard, and since I have a really hard time sitting down or getting up.  I've seen my osteo twice thus far, and according to her it was a good thing I fell on the grass rather than the cement, but still did some damages to by lower back.  2017 really sucks this far health wise for me, but I'm keeping at it, slowly and on pain killers but still not giving up.

Let me tell you about what brings me happiness these days, in no particular order:
  • my lovely husband, who takes care of me and makes me laugh daily
  • where we live, I like this place, our home...
  • being able to be home...
  • writing
  • my postcards
  • our friends
  • getting closer to cousin's kidlets
  • reading
  • creating (postcards, scrapbooking)
So, you see overall every day  is a good day to celebrate!


No comments: