Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Twenty Years Already...

Twenty years ago the world as I knew it changed.  It was a somewhat expected change, but even then it was a surprise, not a welcome one that is for certain.

Twenty years later not a day goes by without me thinking of that day, of him.  I still miss him.  It saddens me when I realize that I've forgotten how his voice sounded or how he smelled...

Twenty years and I still think that he did what was right for him.  I have not change my mind about that.  He saw no other way to feel better, and I (still) respect his decision.  I believe it was his to make.

On this date, twenty years ago my only regret is not having told you how much I loved you.  I truly hope you knew that, Dad, and wherever you may have ended up my wish for you is that you have found the peace you were so seeking.

No comments: