Thursday, March 26, 2020

Quarantine Time

Almost two weeks since my last post, two weeks of all we hear about is this pandemic of COVID 19, two weeks (if not more) of:  wash your hands often, sneeze or cough in a tissue or the bend of your arm, avoid touching your face, do the social distancing, isolate, and yet...


Today was a pleasant day, cool but sunny, great time to open the windows and air out the house some.  Many of us have been in isolation, or self quarantine, staying home as it was "requested" by our government.  Having our windows open meant that we could hear the birds chirping, the geese coming back and announcing their return and of course, kids screeching in the back yard.  At first, I thought "signs that Spring is on its way" (even if it snowed all day a few days ago), but then,  I went all...

Why the fuck are there more than one kids playing together outside?  What is it about limiting contacts with other these parents did not understand?  They closed schools, and a shitload of others places to avoid crowded places and/or non-essential gatherings, and yet some thought it was ok for their kids to play together? Really?  Like I often say, the scary part is that those people, those thinking people do reproduce!  Come on!  Do they think this virus only attacks old folks, that anyone below seventy is safe from it or something? 

I know older people might not get the seriousness of it all, I get that.  Maybe it is because they know their ticket is closer to expiration than younger folks, but still, it is no reason to be carefree about this.  Talking with my mother, I realized that she doesn't grasp the extent of it all.  Sure she says its horrible and how scary it is, but at the same time, after being away to the States for six months, she came back - because she rather be sick at home than in the States and since they were not allowed to gather together for their daily activities (cards, bingo, shuffleboard, etc.) what was the point to remain there - the same day she got back she went back out to do her groceries.  She had nothing home, she had been gone for six months.  When I reminded her that she should self-isolate her answer was: I'm not sick, and needed food!

Yeah ok, like I wrote before, she's one who reproduced, too!

I will NOT write about Trump, it's useless and too ridiculous to be believable.  I've seen people  (on the web and TV) who with gloves and a mask on, will remove their mask to lick a finger... just as bad as this official

I will admit, the one thing I'm having a hard time with not touching my face.  I'm realizing that's a habit I have, like biting my nails, also not so great these days...or any other days really! I'm trying to keep my hands busy and away from my face, but I often catch myself with a finger in my mouth...

Other than that all is good.  I will most likely look like a sasquatch by the time the hair salons reopen - I needed a haircut a few weeks ago already, so it will not be a luxury but a necessity by the time I go!

Hope everyone is safe and healthy, and please try to stay the fuck home.

No comments: