Monday, May 11, 2020

Time only goes one way...

...and it seems to be heading that way!  Already two weeks since my last post.  Not much news on this front.

The government postponed the de-confinement from May 11th to 25th, that is all I know, since last week I decided it was enough watching the news and everything Covid-19.  We are stuck, we've been stuck for over two months, so it's not a week or two that will change much.  Plus, seeing how people are behaving on the rare occasions the sun did come out some, it is not reassuring at all that this pandemic will be over anytime soon.  People are morons, and even if many died, people are still doing dumb shit and not respecting the suggested recommendations.  I'm happy we're not in Europe, like in Spain, where they have stricter rules of confinement than we do.  Some of us would not make it over there.  And yet...

It's been a while since I gave myself the Covid Haircut, as Hubby lovingly calls it, because I could feel the hair on my neck, so yesterday I took out the clipper, again, and gave myself my second haircut!


Not as much as the first time, since I only did the back of my head and around my ears... now I look like a monk!  It is hard to do the back of our own head, I will say that!  I also did Hubby's.  So much easier on him.

In other news, I've been keeping myself busy by painting... You see the first Christmas after my MIL past away, her sister gave me a wooden duck that I should paint, with some of my MIL's old paints and brushes.  I kept it all, but never did anything... I guess it was intimidating me in some ways.  My MIL might have been a crazy lady, but she was very talented. She was an artist, really. A few weeks ago I had an idea of what I could try.  Hubby went to get my painting kit in the locker and I started fooling around.  I did the back of the duck and wasn't happy with it, so I sanded it all off and gave it a good layer of white paint and waited for inspiration to come.  It did by waves, I'd say.  I've been playing with it for a while, daily almost, a little here and there, covering more and more of the bird, and last night, while "90 Days Fiance" was playing I finished it!  It's quite funky, I will say!
There are some parts I really like and some others, well, not my best work, but, in my defense, my MIL died in 2007, so those little paint bottles were not really fresh, some of them were even dead, but I made do with what I had.



yep, that'd be my funky duck!

I've also been keeping busy creating (more) postcards for my online shop, and of course, sending (and receiving) them as well!  Plus to add to the fun of it all, I'm organizing a virtual meetup, across Canada!  So far we're about 18 people confirmed, should be interesting!  One thing for sure, it will be a lot cheaper than having to drive/fly anywhere and once it's done, we'll be home, bonus!

I hope you are keeping well and distracted.  I sure am!  Stay safe!

No comments: