Monday, April 27, 2020

Hair, Sneeze and Scares

It's been two weeks since I buzzed my hair off, and I must say I'm liking how easy it is to wash and dry.

It is still surprising me every time I catch my reflection passing by a mirror...  but I'm getting used to seeing myself.  I like it.

When I cut my hair I had sent a picture and a small lock of hair to my mother, as a joke, to show her what I've done - she's technology challenged - when she got my note with the picture she called me laughing.  Seems like no matter how old I am I still do stupid things, according to her.  I guess she did not like it.  I didn't ask.

I love the way it feels, even if I was actually surprised last week at how much insulation hair provides.  Never really realized that before, or really thought of it.  Now I know!  Hubby thought it was really funny when I experienced it.  Now I understand why he wears a tuque in fall, winter, spring.  It does get cold!

One thing I find funny is that even at this length I get up with pillow hair, weird huh?  There's always a spot or two that bend or went crooked, it's weird, as I notice it even more than I did with longer hair. 

Also, we (Hubby confirmed my suspicion) noticed that since I've cut it, my hair seemed to have gone whiter!  Maybe it is the shock of it all?  I'm definitely salt and pepper, with still plenty of pepper in my shaker though...

Self-isolation is going well.  Granted there are some days tougher than others, but over all, I'm good.  I like being home, and that hasn't changed.  I'm not really bored, there is always something to do.  I haven't been overeating, that has stayed the same.  The real big change really is having Hubby home all the time, working in the same office, but other than that, it is pretty much life as usual. 

This season my allergies are bad.  Once this pandemic is over and we can get back to some type of normalcy I will need to find myself an allergist and get some tests, because my eyes are leaking a lot, daily as well as my nose.  I've been popping pills, which helps, but still would like to know what the heck I'm reacting to, since I don't really know.  Some days my eyes are so bad.  It's not pretty.

Saturday I heard the funniest thing since this pandemic started.
  

Hubby was in the living room, and I was reading in bed in our bedroom.  Both rooms had windows opened. At some point Hubby sneezed. Loud. Like he often does. (His nose is also messed up).  I heard a kid outside, say: "A Sneeze!  Aaaahhh!  Run!"  The reaction and the way it was said made me cracked up out loud.  Imagine, we've now conditioned the kids to run from a sneeze!  It is a good thing, but at the same time it is a scary thought.  Anyway, Hubby's sneezes and the way he blows his nose are scary no matter if we're in a pandemic mode or not, 'just saying!

Speaking of scary, not sure what and why these things are happening, but it is scary to think of shooters like in Nova Scotia.  Sad times for sure.

Hang in there people, keep busy and do stay safe.

No comments: