Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Yup it could happen, and snap!!

 Just finished watching ''Hunhinged" with Russell Crowe, the blurb of the movie is:   After a confrontation with an unstable man at an intersection, a woman becomes the target of his rage.

O.M.F.G. what a lunatic!  The story/acting isn't that great, but the violence and stunt work were quite creative and surprising!  Road rage at the max.  There was one scene, where a woman was driving while applying mascara in traffic, and I turned to Hubby and said:  She deserved to be hit (by a car), and man oh man, did he ram into her car.  It was satisfying to see, because I did (and most likely will again, I'm pretty sure) have thoughts and even visions of ramming our old Civic into a moron  who cut me off or pulled a bone headed move on the road. 

I've been feeling crap, yes the time of year plays into it, the lack of sun, the confinement, name it, and add it to the list.  We are all tired of it all.  I get that.  At times I feel like I could become unhinged too, maybe not to the level of Crowe in the movie, but then again, we he says she should have given him a little courtesy tap (on the horn) rather than hitting it aggressively the way she did, because he wasn't moving from the green light, I got that.  I understood what he meant.  I find that people are driving more and more aggressively, and so much faster than a few years ago.  People are often distracted because of their damn cell phones, or shaving while driving, or putting on make up, or turning to look at the back seat passengers... all those things which take away from they attention being on the road, where it really should be.  I've had a few accidents from people who hit me, while I was stop at a red light on more than one occasions.  Once it was an old man who never slowed down on a boulevard and ram into my car without hitting the breaks.  He didn't have a license anymore and yet, he drove and totaled my car, and as of result of that impact, my uterus flipped.  Another time, some guy hit me, while I was also stopped at a red light, and also totaled my car - he was distracted because he was planning his upcoming vacation on his phone.  Once a little Chinese man ran a red light and hit me as I crossed a street, because he was distracted looking for an address... 

Whatever the reasons, each time, my trust in other drivers diminished and now I wish I had a roobar on our car, so I would feel "protected" somewhat...  

We are more aggressive, less tolerant, and ridiculously feeling entitled, so that make us all a lethal combination when behind the wheel of a car.

I already have any fuse left in me; between my hormones being all over the board, the menopause not giving me any break, the lack of sleep and throw in, for shits and giggles, the family issues and you get me naturally pissed off. Put me behind the wheel of a card, and who knows I might happen to anyone...

It does scare me (Yeah, I scare myself!) at times, when I see how little I need to fuel my fire, to go from zero to 60 in no time flat, but also I see that (for now) I lose my shit verbally. I will raise my voice, talk loud, but (I don't think I do) I don't scream as such.  I talk loud, say things that don't come out nicely nor calmly, and yes I do fucking swear.  Once I've said what I had to get off my chest, I go back to "normal" (whatever that may be).  I've tried (and still do at times, to control that anger often simmering on the back burner.  I feel like I've have enough of people's bullshit and entitlement.  The pendulum is going back too far on the other side.  Telling someone that they are doing or did something wrong is almost impossible these days.  When you do you are called a bully or controlling.  We can't say anything without offending someone.  And don't get me started on the bleeding hearts.  I've have an exchanged (via messenger) last week, with someone who thought it wasn't nice of me to vent about the fact that I've received a piece of Chinese Calligraphy paper rather than a postcard through Postcrossing.  I thanked the sender, mentioned the nice stamp, and also reminded him politely about what was Postcrossing, as indicated on the site:

The goal of this project is to allow anyone to send and receive postcards from all over the world!

I knew that by mentioning my disappointment about the piece of paper that some would comment. I was told I should show more appreciation to the fact that they made an effort to send me something, that maybe they couldn't afford a card, that maybe that was all they add.  My knee jerk reaction was to ask, then, why would someone, voluntarily signed up for Postcrossing to send postcards if they can't afford it?  Why would someone send a piece of paper rather than a postcard?  They couldn't afford one, then they shouldn't send anything.  I know I'm black or white, but if I sign up to play hockey and show up with a broom rather than a stick chances are the other players will not want me to play or to play with them.  Should we feel appreciative that the player tried and showed up with a broom, when they clearly know from the start that they signed up for hockey?  I want postcards, don't care the sizes, the shapes nor the material used for it, but not a piece of paper.  Call me intransigent, cold, name it, I don't care I signed up for Postcrossing wanting to send and receive postcards, and damnit when I don't get that, I will get upset!

Speaking of postcards, Saturday I hosted a virtual Postcrossing meetup and we were, at the peak, 45 participants from all over, including Canadians (23), Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, US, Ireland, UK, Sweden.  Some I've met in real life, pre-covid, and some online and some were totally new.  It lasted five hours, and actually ran quite smoothly overall.  I was concerned how it would be to manage such a large group, but it went well considering everything!  That was a really good way to spend a Saturday afternoon catching up with others sharing the same interests.  It was my first virtual meet international, and will not be the last one I think.

This week will be an "interesting" week to say the least, lots going on with the Father in Law... should be interesting and hoping for the best.

Until things settle down for him all around, we have to manage.  So stay safe and watch out for the covidiots, they're everywhere and they are many of them!!

No comments: