Saturday, December 03, 2022

Day Toomany - Popular Renovations Chronicle

 Twelve days since my last post... time just flies when having fun or not, it keeps on going.  Construction being what it is, whatever traces are left from the pandemic and add to that our impatience to get things done, we find ourselves frustrated, tired and VERY short fused... mostly with each other.  I had been told renovations can be hard on a couple, and I can now confirm that is true.  Granted I start with barely any fuse on a good day, so adding stress and all this shit and well, things do get heated at times.  Moving on.

People have been bugging me (yeah bugging!) about how long it is taking me to unpack, to get things organized and since I don't control much into this whole process except how often I write checks or transfer funds really, it has been taking its toll on me.  Anyone who (has the pleasure to) knows me, knows that I'm organized and like things in their place.  This experience has been anything but...  Yes we have to keep our eyes on the prize.  We will have a beautiful home once it all done, but in the meantime it's a big fuckin' mess, really.

That being said, I do see that things are nice, what is done is beautiful, but with big projects like this we are bound to have things go wrong, like missing pieces, wrong measurements, etc.  Besides the bookcase in the basement and my office, things are not completed.  Here are some pictures to give you an idea...

Our walkin closet in the entry way, is missing a top on some drawer, no biggy.  Still managed to fill it out and have all our shoes, boots, etc. in one spot and by the front door!


Then on to the kitchen... We had chosen a quartz top which we were told was backordered, soooo we selected another one and it's not coming in before December 16th... so our kitchen, water room and bathroom have no counters... which means no sink nor faucets... The plumber was kind enough to 'lend' us an old sink and faucet on a piece of plywood so that we don't have to use the garage's sink when brushing our teeth or washing our hands or even doing the dishes...


As you can see, I've been unpacking anyway, storing things away and trying to figure out where things will go...  But no counter top means no workspace to prepare food or to stack things on while emptying a box... Fun I tell you!

In our bedroom the walkin is done, but also missing a pole, so still have clothes in Hubby's office, until I can hang the longer garments.

To think that starting on Monday, the painter is coming back to finish painting the basement and all the closets, that I will have to empty, again, I feel like rolling myself into a ball in a corner, suck on my thumb and cry a little... La madame est fatiguée!

At least my office is done, well mostly, the electrician still has to install some lighting underneath the top cabinets, and now I have the pleasure to unpack it all.  Between work and craft, there is a LOT of shit... 


But it will be so pretty and so organized once all set up, can't wait to get back to my crafts!  Work well... it is that, work! ;-)

And lastly our most damaged room, after the kitchen, our bathroom; still bath less and toilet less - but thank Dog we can shower - is in serious need of a complete repaint job...


So after the quartz has been installed (mid-December if everything goes well!), the contractor will come back to install the backsplash in the kitchen, finish up little things here and there, have the plumber come back to install all the sinks, faucets, tub and toilet and the electrician to install lights in the bathroom, kitchen, office and finish up the connection of every electrical outlets now being wires in a hole on different walls... and that does not even include the carpenter's visit to finish what was left unfinished because of missing pieces... or the gal to install the wall paper...  Yep things are progressing nicely!  ...just saying!

No comments: