Monday, November 21, 2022

Day Fifteen - Popular Renovations Chronicle

A few days went by and things are slowly, but surely, getting more completed.  This morning a cute guy came by to measure everything for the quartz countertops.  If only the men who came in and out of this place lately could be like that one... he was clean, cute, polite and fast!  

Overall I'd say the work is progressing fine.  We are both tired to not have our refuge to ourselves.  Not only do many people come in our bubble but they leave it dirty, and we both hate that.  We are also both tired of having to get up early, as neither one of us are early birds.  It's been rough. I told a friend today that I'm a night owl, and don't do well with early birds, and if this keeps up I will turn into a bird of prey!


At times I feel like telling them to stop with the noise, the banging and all... but I keep reminding myself it's for our comfort in the long run, and it will end.  ...eventually!   Hubby is really not a happy camper, as we are basically camping in our home... He's been cooking using either our slow cooker or our air fryer in the garage.  At first it was on a folding table, but the last few days, it's been on top of our new kitchen sink box... It is getting old really fast...

BUT, I'm happy to say that one thing is completely done!  Check it out:


 Our new bookcase is the basement!  I love it!  I had it made deep to be able to contain all my scrapbooking albums, photo albums, our books, and the bottom section will be for our games and such.  Starting to fill it up as soon as I can find the right boxes!

Now, if you'll excuse me, boxes are calling my name to be unpacked!

Tourlou!


No comments: