Wednesday, May 31, 2023

I'm Back!


 
Well, hello world!  It's been a while and since life is slowly but surely getting back to normal (as normal as it can given who is writing!) and things are finally setting down, I thought I'd write some more...

Don't get me wrong, I kept writing postcards all the while, but in the past few weeks, since April actually I've also slowed down my participation in different games, etc. but kept on sending out my "officials".

You'll be happy to read that our renovations came to an end, after 18 long weeks of patience and muchos dineros BUT we are very happy with the end results.  This is now home!  

My office, generally referred to as "the Cave" by the Husband shows that I live there.  Despite very little efforts on my part, to be honest, it's a mess in there but it is MY MESS and I love it!  I can work when I need to, and do my artsy stuff when I want.  

We have, for the very first time, a nice patio set, and the room to actually enjoy it!  Check it out!  It went from this, with two camping folding chairs...  
to this, after delivery of our new patio furniture...  

I've taken out my sewing machine and the left over material I had bought in Hawai'i years ago, and made a few cushions... 


Isn't it inviting, to relax with a cold drink and shoot the shit?  I would think so!  I love it!

One day, as we were heading to DeSerres in Boisbriand for me to look at different supplies for watercolor painting, I found a painted rock on the ground as I got out of the car. It was so pretty.  Don't you think?  


I'd been talking with a friend about doing that for a while, and finding this rock brought that idea forward especially since on the back of it also said: "Keep, Hide or Replace Me. Please publish a picture on Facebook in the group aROCHEmoiunSOURIRE"  I kept it for a while and posted it in the group.  That started a new thing for me... being on the look out for rocks!  I started with an odd shaped one, mid April.


I quickly realized that painting on a rock is not at all like painting on paper, so I got myself some acrylic paint pens.  That makes a big difference in the details.  

I left it in front of a mail box down the street and was happy to see it gone by the time I walked back. 

Then I painted this fish...
which I left on a stop sign post by the grocery store we go to.  Hubby had to go back the next day and told me there was no stone left!

I'm attracted to smaller rocks, but they are harder to paint on and to stick the ID for the group on them is barely possible.  So I 'try' to get bigger rocks... like this one, which I loved how it turned out.  


I had found the perfect spot to hide it, on a trail near home.  

By the time we walked that trail again, the owl had flown away!

The group had a theme for the month: a little house, so I painted this little one and also left it at the stop sign post on our way in the grocery and when we walked back it was no longer there... 


So I've been painting rocks, and hiding them in the area...  Here are some of them...


Was hidden at Première Moisson on chemin Gascon.


  hidden... 


and these two...


and finally this little one, left on steps leading to a trail



At the moment I have a few drying from the varnish coat I gave them and today on my walk to the mailbox I actually picked up two more (blank ones).  I know I'm no artist and I'm enjoying doing this.  It does calm the brain, so that's always a good thing!

While doing all this I also started watching some tutorials and took on watercolor painting.  That is something totally new to me and I'm loving it even if it can be frustrating at times, but I see my evolution... slowly but surely, I think.

Ok this will conclude this post for today, and I'll be seeing you around!

TTFN










No comments: