Monday, November 13, 2006

Kibble Thoughts!

and bits and bits of what's happening in my nuggin' today...

I drove alone today for the first time since my surgery! Woohoo!

***
Already 5 months Pooch is with us. I fear that she’s slowly going… I don’t know if it’s because she saw my mother a few weeks back or what, but she doesn’t have the same “joie de vivre” as she did before… I’d hate to lose her during the Holidays…

***
I spoke with the mother of my “assigned” family for the Christmas Basket. A big family this year: 6 people! I’m already excited!

***
My party is coming along! I just hope my recup keeps going the way it has. I don’t mind having to sit out a few dances, but I want to shake my bootie sooooo freakin’ bad it’s not even funny! That’s the only reason I wanted a party, to boogie!!!

***
Can you believe that in 6 weeks it will be Christmas!!! Freaky!!!

***
A friend told me she wasn’t coming to my party because she didn’t know what to get me! When she asked Hubby for ideas, he told her that he didn’t know either since we tend to be into “instant gratification: we want something (if we can afford it) we get it”. She took it as: No matter what she gets me I won’t enjoy it because I already have everything I want (which is totally NOT what Hubby meant!) Now, is it just me, or how dumb is that?

When she called to let me know they wouldn’t be coming and that “maybe” we shouldn’t be friends because we don’t play in the “same circles”, I was shocked. I still don’t fully get it. I asked her if I (or we) ever made her feel that way, and she said no. Then, WTF? I told her, that if I never did anything wrong or degrading towards her and her husband to justify her telling me this, then she has some serious issues that she should address. Told her to sit her silly self down in front of a mirror and give herself a serious talking!

***
Another freaky thing: My MIL called our house line (which she hadn't done in over 13 years "in case" I would answer… she would call Hubby at work or on his cell.) and actually talked with me! That is so freakin’ weird – it’s almost worthy of the “Twilight Zone”!
***
In all the cousins I have on my father’s side, I invited 21 of them (with their spouses) and only 3 are coming – kind of disappointed, but then again… kind of expected…

***
What is the deal with people not answering invitations? I send an e-mail to "reserve" the date in May, then my invite in September (no excuse about not knowing in time, babysitter and whatnot) with a confirmation date. I sent a reminder in October and yet some people didn’t even have the decency to answer me – that is so rude! Or is this just plain normal?

***

That's it for today, I've emptied my bowl of kibbles!

2 comments:

Trueself said...

Not answering invitations is a huge pet peeve of mine. It seems that people (or some people) don't take seriously the need to respond particularly if they aren't coming. Your expectation that people respond is reasonable. They're lack of response is completely rude.

stinkypaw said...

trueself: I think it's also a pet peeve of mine! It is pure and simple lack of respect towards the other not to answer! It's beyond rude!