Monday, March 19, 2007

Chat pas d'allure!*

Somebody recently asked me if I liked cats. I would be lying if I were to answer no. I do have a thing for cats, small or big, house trained or wild, I just like anything cat related really.

I walked around our house, quickly, and snapped a few shots of the cats I have (some are pictures, decorations, knick-knack...)

This is Rocky. We were on a little get away in the St-Jean-Port-Joli area (not far from Québec city) which is known for its wood carvers when we walked into this little atelier where they did address signs. They did really nice things, but they were pricey. After we returned home, we decided to go ahead and see if we could order one and have it shipped. The artist’s shop was in St-Rock-des-Aulnaies, thus his name “Rocky”.

I’ll be sad the day I’ll move from this house, Rocky will have to stay behind...

I saw this ugly thing while doing my grocery shopping; I thought it was original so I bought it.

A year later they had a new model, which I also bought with the intent of giving it to someone, but I never did.

I like the way it looks through my plants.

Every year since we got married, the friends who were our best man and matron of honour have been offering us a gift to commemorate our wedding anniversaries. For our 5th wedding anniversary, they gave us this lovely wooden couple.
They are so cute! Aren't they?

Every time we travelled, I like to get a painting representing the place and made by a local artist. We got some paintings from Barbados, Antigua, P.E.I., Hawaii and Santorini.

On one of our trips to Hawaii, I caved for my “Maui Girls”...


I also really like Sylvester (but not so much Tweety), I have a bunch of little figurines and some stuffed animals, but mostly Christmas ornaments.

Let's not forget my high school sweetheart, Garfield.

I've had this Garfield for so long, the plastic is all dried (the suction cup that was holding it, broke off), and it's been washed so often that the writing is starting to go... and yet, when I look at him on top of my stove, I smile!

I also have a few feline frames.

My favorite, which I got in the 90's while attending a karate seminar in Vancouver, is this poster. The airline I was on was so bad I had to carry it with me all the time. There was nowhere to put the tube it was in. What should have been a simple thing turned out to be almost an adventure. But I still do enjoy mon chat noir.

I just realised that I took over 25 pictures!!! Every room in our house has at least one cat in it – except for the bathrooms… for some reason. I just came to the realisation that I may have a little problem…

But of all the cats I have, this fur ball is my favourite! I just love our boy Tobi!
...and that's one problem I'm not even thinking of addressing in anyway, shape or form!

How could I? look at that face! Isn't he gorgeous?


*It makes no sense! (play on words in French)

9 comments:

lizgwiz said...

Well, we all know how I feel about cats. What's not to love? Tobi is one incredibly gorgeous cat!

Christina_the_wench said...

I'm a dog person. Don't shoot me.

stinkypaw said...

lizgwiz: Well thank you! He is and at times I think he kbows it!

christina: I wouldn't shoot you (not for that anyway!) - I loved my pooch too, but for decorations I (obviously) enjoy cats!

Kim said...

check this site out, there's tons of funny cat pictures...you'll love it!

http://www.icanhascheezburger.com/

don't call me MA'AM said...

I have that same poster in my great room that isn't really all that great.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

We all know how much I love cats, too. You have some gorgeous cat things ... I especially love the last pic ... Tobi is just sooooo handsome.
Take care, Meow

stinkypaw said...

kim: Thanks for the link - I'll check it out!

dcmm: Yet another thing we have in common...;-)

meow: Well thank you! I think he is, but I am a little bias...

Purple Pigeon said...

lol, im the same with dachshunds, pigeons, penguins, and sheep! Ur Tobi is looovely, the look in his eyes is the same as my cats was, a kind of ''yeah, what? dont point that thing at me''

stinkypaw said...

elf: I'm happy it's only cats, quite the "menagerie" you have! I don't think he's camera shy, I'd say he's just annoyed!