Sunday, March 18, 2007

Tickle My Fancy!

I just hosted one of those parties… you know the kind? No, not a Tupperware one, not a Partylite, nor an Aloette one, no, no, no… it was a Passion Party!

What started out as the Ultimate Girls’ Party became a Couples’ Party after I asked a few girlfriends what they would actually prefer. A date was set, unbeknown to me that would be a day when we would have a friggin’ snow storm! Four girls cancelled – the roads were really bad, but nonetheless twelve people showed up – all from the area, they didn’t have to drive “that” far.

At first, it was a little strange – not everybody knew each other. Introductions were quickly made and the representative jumped right in. She had some “interesting” products, and with names such as “Nipple Nibblers”, “Ready To Go”, “Fireworks”, or “D'Lickious” one has to be somewhat intrigued…no matter how shy one may be.

I was curious about the “Ready To Go” cream, so I went to ahead and tried it (not right then and there, I went to the bathroom!). I’m in the 20% of women for whom it doesn’t work. A girlfriend also tried it, and it did work for her…

And then we got in the “Passion Toys”… the most interesting was “Jelly Osaki” except I thought it was creepy – it had a face on it! But the way it moved, was let’s just say, interesting! It was funny to see us comparing the strength of the vibration between one bullet and another. Some of those things were kind strange looking (like the "Loving Spoon"), and some almost look painful… there was definitely something for every taste, that I’m pretty sure of!

As the hostess I got 10% of the total sales off, so I got $72.00 of free stuff! He! He!

I’d say it was an entertaining, clean, party where some of us got to explore and broaden our horizons a little more and one thing for sure we all shared some good laughs!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooooooo total sales was $720.00 ?? Not too shabby for a group of 12 !!! Sounds like a good time !! Mousse ;-)

Kala said...

what da heck! I thought I was reading things all wrong when I read the first paragraph - Im not "seeing things" am I - I did read the post right, didnt I - shaking my head - where was I when all of this was going on? Did I accidentally miss the invite? I am like a gold star certified tester! jk - sounds like a lot of fun and anytime you can get a great deal on ANYTHING, its gotta be a winner! Next time, I better not be jus reading this! =D

Jason Stockl said...

Tell me, did they have anything jalapeno flavored?

;-)

Biddie said...

I haven't been to one of those parties in years. I think that I'm too old for them now. I would probably blush that whole time.

don't call me MA'AM said...

My former sister-in-law dragged me to one once. I am apparently too repressed for these parties. :-)

Paisley said...

I've never been invited to one and could never host, but I'd go! I saw a catalog once and was very intrigued by some of the products. ooh, lala!

:)

stinkypaw said...

mousse: We did have a good time! It was a fun evening.

kala: You were playing in the sun or doing some work while we were having fun! I don't know if there will be a next time, but if there is I'll make sure you're on my list! ;-)

j67: Nah, everything is sweet (chocolate, strawberry, etc.) - anyway, once was enough!

biddie: We are never too old for a good laugh/time! A few of us complained about being hot at times... :-)

dcmm: I think the people you're with has a lot to do with how "relax" one can get...

paisley: It's not harder to host that than it is to host a Tupperware party - different kind of plastic that's all! ;-)
Some of their stuff is... "interesting", to say the least...

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Ooooh, what fun. I am one of those people that hides behind a cushion when all the weird things come out on display !! Although, some of those vibrating doodads, with the pearls and moving bits sure do look interesting !!! And, the colours !! (By the way, I've seen them ... don't own one !!!)
Glad you had good sales.
Soooo, what did you buy for your $72 ???
Take care, Meow

stinkypaw said...

meow: Wouldn't you like to know what I bought! Well... let's just say I'm not one of those people who hides when the funky things come out... he! he! ;-)

Kim said...

I can't believe that I missed this post!

fun, fun, fun ;)

I went to one of those parties once in college with some friends...it was a blast!

...sounds like hosting certainly has it's advantages...$72 worth of free stuff, eh?!

stinkypaw said...

kim: Hosting was fun and it did have "advantages" - going to another one in 2 weeks - a girlfriend is hosting, should be fun completely different crowd!