Sunday, July 06, 2008

What a beautiful Sundae!

We started our day with a beautiful walk through Old Montreal making our way to a delicious breakfast. It’s a good thing the food was good, because the service sucked! I’ll spare you the details of all the delays in between the coffees, taking our order, getting it and getting refills… Let’s just say that for Hubby to leave a single dollar tip on a twenty-five dollar bill… the service was really bad!

I had brought our camera with us because I wanted to take similar shots to the ones I had done this past winter. So while at the restaurant I figured I would also take a few shots of our breakfast, even if it was more like 1 o'clock in the afternoon, by the time we ate!

Here's my coffee which is actually an expresso mixed with hot chocolate. Yummy!



Here’s what Hubby ordered which is a sandwich style bagel, made with Swiss cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, onions fried egg and black forest ham. Served with fries (normally it is with grilled potatoes).

Here’s mine! A bagel cut in half dipped in egg batter, cooked on the grill, topped with bananas and strawberries. Served with yogurt and honey.


After having our tummies really filled, we walked back home. Along the way I took a few more shots. Isn’t it incredible what a difference a few months make? Check here to see the “winter” version (second picture).


I couldn’t get the exact same angle because of the leaves in the trees...but you get the idea, no?

There were so many people walking around it felt like we were on vacation or something. I love Old Montréal in the summer; it is so alive!

We finished this beautiful day with a delicious meal on our deck, by candle light... Life is good!

14 comments:

kara said...

that does sound like a beautiful sunday. and your bagel...oh how i wish i could stop thinking about that bagel.

MYM said...

Okay, that looked delicious! Just yummmmmy! It sounds like a perfect day :)

Jane Doe said...

I'm like you, a good tipper, but we had a similar situation today & I actually suggested leaving about 15%. Jim left him a little more, but when he did, I realized I have trained him well! (he used to be a horrible tipper)
When you can take time & realize it's a beautiful day, life really is good. And it isn't because of "things" but because life is truly that good. I'm glad you both enjoyed the moment!

Unknown said...

Nice. :-)

Brave Astronaut said...

baaaggggeeel [drool]

I miss bagels. Down here south of the Mason-Dixon line, they don't know how to make a decent bagel. New York has the best. But those look pretty good. And I LOVE the idea of battering it and frying it up. Must . . . pound . . . heart . . . get . . . started . . . again.

Annake said...

OMG, that food looks delicious!!!!! If service is really bad, I think leaving a small tip is very appropriate.

Every time you make one of these posts about Montreal, you make me want to move there. Such a beautiful city!

Purple Pigeon said...

That coffee looks like heaven in a cup. And an evening meal on your deck in candlelight sounds even better. Bliss!

Anonymous said...

Lovely! And the photos are great.

stinkypaw said...

kara: It was and that bagel is my favorite, especially now that the strawberries are in season!

drowsey monkey: It was really good (both the food and day)!

jane: It was a good day for many other things, like paying a visit to my dad & grand-parents (at the cemetary). It felt like I did what I was supposed to...

marius: It was!

brave astronaut: Thanks for the link, interesting fact I didn't know about. If you haven't tried Montreal Bagels than you're missing something! The battering & frying is just like French Toast...

ananke: Service was beyond bad! Maybe "before" moving you should come for a visit! I'd show you around for sure! Personal Tour Guide! ;-)

pigeon: That's one of the few coffees I do drink, it's really good! Dinner was lit with a candle I've made! (I went on a recycling spree and melted a bunch of candles in a big jar, cheap that's me!) ;-)

monkey: Thanks! Welcome back to commenting here! I thought you had forgotten about me! ;-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I wasn't hungry when I arrived and now I'm feeling decidedly peckish ..... naughty goddess!

Anonymous said...

That food looks amazing. And I love your pictures from last December too; they're really gorgeous.

stinkypaw said...

daddy p: tee hee ;-)

flurrious: Welcome to my world and thank you! Hope to see you around again...

Site manager said...

That really does sound like the perfect day!

I am however kicking myself for reading this before having breakfast. I am salivating for some of that bagel with yogurt and honey.... oh man. I am having toast. sigh.

stinkypaw said...

grail: Toast can be good too, with jam, yummy! ;-)