Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Farewell, Charlie

It is with great sadness that I'm writing this post.  I've dreaded having to post about this. I just found out that my dear blend, Charlie, past away in the afternoon of February 1st. I was told his passing was gentle and painless, with his beloved Martha.


He was among the first regulars I've had when I started blogging, back in 2006.  At the time he was calling himself "Admiral Pooper". Then he became "Charlie".  He introduced me to many other bloggers and through the years we've exchanged ideas through our blogs and via emails.  He always had a kind, or a funny word about nothing and everything.  I did value his views and really did think of him as a friend.  The blogosphere will be missing a great man.  If you haven't had the opportunity to read Charlie's blog, please do so, it is worth the time.

Charlie, dear friend, wherever you may be, I hope you are truly pain free.  I take comfort in knowing you are now with your Punkers (among others) crossing Rainbow Bridge together.  Rest in peace, dear Charlie, you've earned your rest.  You may be gone from our lives, but never absent from our hearts.

My deepest sympathy to Martha 
and to everyone who had the chance to know him.
Big thanks to ATM

2 comments:

Calvin said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your blend Charlie. I first got to know of his passing on another blog which shows what a wide network of friends he had. I guess you had Charlie in mind when you wrote your previous post. May he truly be at peace.

P.S. Your word verification refuses to let me comment as lone grey squirrel on openid.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Sending love and hugs.