Monday, March 05, 2018

Venting Session

I feel the need to write, the need to express my frustrations, but at the same time, can't help and wonder why I should bother, since no matter what, I'm the meanie, the one who's so rough, abrupt, and/or lacking gentleness?  I have no fucking fuse left, sorry people, you burned it all out.  Yep, I can no longer be patient with dumb asses.
 
Last week I had to deal with the builder's rep for a smell issue we've been having coming from our shower drain.  We googled the issue, saw what the interweb was saying about such problem, and contacted our builder to have it looked at, because unlike what they are trying to tell us, it is not normal.  When the rep kept on trying to tell me that it was because the drain needed to be cleaned of hair and other residue, which is bogus since if it was full of hair and others, it wouldn't drain, and it does, I raised the tone.  Her explanations were ridiculous, and told her so.  That is a BIG faux-pas, you can not EVER raise your voice, oh no, that is too threatening and oh so disrespectful. I'm sorry but when I'm being talked to as if I'm a child not understanding something because it is way too complicated for my little brain, I will react.  I wear my emotions on my sleeves,  good and bad, so no surprise there if  my tone reflects that.

We are now in a society where we can no longer express ourselves.  You can not say anything negative, or you will be perceived as a meanie. We have to give everyone a chance, and be nice about it.  I have a REAL hard time with that.  I call a spade a spade.  This political correctness is total bullshit. I'm one who believes that if your job is to deliver my mail, you should be doing it without me having to remind you that my mail should not be folded or rained on or even written on.  That is YOUR job to make sure I get my mail in one piece.  So, the day that you fold my mail or write on it, don't be surprise if I report your sorry ass to your boss - granted I know they won't do much about it - you have ONE job, and I should "remind" you to take care of my mail, and not to write on it?  Really?  Sorry, I don't think so.



I'm trying to be more tolerant. I am. I keep quiet and choose to remain silent rather than say something.  It is hard. I'm fighting with my nature big time.  I try to remain calm, and at times I do succeed.  Maybe I should not live in society, maybe I should live in a very remote area with nobody around, and keep to myself... Even then, I've been trying to keep to myself more, and yet, like Hubby often says, they are everywhere and they find me!

1 comment:

Irrelevant Opinions said...

Patience isnt easy, especially dealing with people. Take a breathe! You will be okay!