Friday, January 17, 2020

Looking up it seems...

You'll be happy to know that I did have an infection in my eyes, and after taking some prescribed antibiotics my eyes are back to normal (I think!), within a few hours of the first application of that little cream, the redness diminished and the puffiness went away!  Seeing the eye doctor again tomorrow for a follow up and all should be kosher!

Last Saturday, while sitting in the waiting area of the eye doctor, the owner of the store where they sell you the frames for the glasses, walked by me and after looking at me said: "Are you here for an eye exam?" To which I answered: "Nah, a gynecologist appointment!"  Really, sitting in a waiting room between an eye doctor's office and a store selling glasses?  He did explained that he was wondering if I was there for more since my eyes looked bad.  I swear the question some people will ask at times, and I'm told I'm the one who often says or asks stupid things!
After the 'emergency', I also had my sight checked and needed to change my glasses/prescription, my sight lowered.  I knew it since I've been noticing it's not as clear at it was, so, a few hundred dollars later, I should see the difference tomorrow.  Hopefully I won't be having a bitch of a time adjusting to this new prescription.  It's always been a pain this far, every time I've had new glasses.

Early December, I had a phone interview with a journalist from La Presse who was writing an article about correspondence.  We talked for a while and she had sent a photographer to take a few shots.  This morning the article came out, check it out!  La lettre n'est pas morte - the article is in French, but Google Translate did an ok job (English Translation).  I totally love that picture of me writing a postcard. 
Fun fact: the card I'm writing on this picture is  actually a card I've designed for a friend, from a picture taken by her cousin that she wanted to make into a postcard, that she wanted me to write and send to her. 

Some people, like me, want to receive cards addressed to us rather than a blank one, so we (among ourselves of Postcrossing members/friends) will pre-addressed and stamped a card we would love to get in our collection and send it (in an env.) to a someone, who will write something and return it to us, as a postcard, i.e. without env.  When we do get it back, it shows that it has traveled since most cards get a few scuffs along the way, it's part of the charm for many of us.  Some people will prefer to get blank cards, without any marking or even writing, I guess they collect the images more.  Many people do think that writing a card is way more personal than sending out an email or doing a post on Instagram or whatever else kids used these days.  I just know that I've always loved to correspond and even if through Postcrossing it is only a one time thing, I did, anyway, managed to meet some pretty nice people all because of postcards and sharing that hobby.

1 comment:

DL said...

Hope that your eye problems sort themselves out quickly.

How wonderful to be featured in a newspaper article! You put so much effort into your correspondence, and helping others by making your wonderful postcards, you deserve the recognition.

I still write and send cards by snail mail. I enjoy sending and receiving them. I started writing letters and postcards as a child. I would find penpals in the newspaper and loved corresponding with them.

Nothing better than coming home to find mail waiting for you!