Friday, April 10, 2020

Pleasant Surprise

Update: Have not yet cut/clipped my hair.  It will happen, that much I know.  Hubby suggested for me to wait a little longer so that my roots show more... better guideline or something.

As you (most likely already) know, not only do I send and received lots of postcards, but I sell some as well. I've had an online shop for a few years now and each year it is doing better.  Will it be my retirement income? I doubt that very much, but it is fun for me to sell my creations and other cards.  I even recently partnered up with someone also making her own cards, so that is good.  The last two years I've noticed that some of my clients were from abroad, not only people I knew were buying some cards, but I'm getting foreign orders more often.  The prices of our postal services are quite expensive, and yet, some people do order.

Yesterday morning I received this one line email on my email account with the title: Order received.
My first thought was: "Crap, something went wrong..."  I read the email and started grinning.  The client (a new one from QC city) wrote:

Hi, I just wanted to let you know I have received my order and I am really happy, thank you! Really nice quality postcards, will definitely purchase again :)

Can you say that made my day, or so I thought, until I went to pick up the mail.  Even if it was dark, because I went around 8:30 pm since our mail person does his/her round very late these days, I noticed an envelope coming from the States (from the return address). Actually what I noticed was the fact that it was addressed to my shop and the address was a cut out of my shop's address label that I use when I ship out orders.  I was wondering what the heck this could be.


When I got home, after washing my hands (what did you think?), I opened the env. which contained a letter, an Easter card and a First Day of Issue Env.  I started reading the letter, and immediately noticed *Fan Mail*

WTF?

The letter came from a client, from Arizona, who received her second order!  She loved my postcards and mentioned how important it was for her to support small businesses.  She loved my cards! Wow!  She wrote about herself a bit and offered some cards suggestion.

The Easter card she also included dates back to 1911.  It has a one cent stamp (yeah, one cent!!) and a cancellation from St-Louis, MO.  It is addressed to an address in San Diego, California.

The First Day of Issue Cover dates back to June 6, 1974 in Washington, DC.  Funny how before doing Postcrossing I knew nothing about First Day Covers, etc.  Now I'm getting more and more familiar with them, and so much more in the philatelic world.  I've developed an interest in stamps.  Some countries really do have some pretty gorgeous stamps, we used to in Canada, nowadays not so much. 

Every postcard I create has this little tag line at the bottom saying: Sending a little love today.
Feels like not only am I sending some, I'm getting some back! Yay!

No comments: