Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Random Thoughts

Did you ever feel like blogging but just don't know what to blog out? That's how I've been feeling today, so since I feel so random I decided to post random as well...
  • I'm a TV junky, it's true. I assume it. I wanted to watch "House" so Hubby creatively acquired all episodes from the 1st season on, and we watched them all. So now, we're awaiting September like everybody else who do watch that show. I love House, yep he has an attitude but it sure isn't his problem!

  • My cat is aging... he sleeps a lot more then he used to... but he still follows me around. I love my kitty.

  • Last week I went for a massage and pedicure, at the Delta downtown. It was the BEST massage I've had in a friggin' long time. She was deep enough and just borderline painful, just like I love. I'll be going back for sure.

  • I was curious about "Nip / Tuck"... Hubby did his magic... need I say more? I'm almost done the first season. We're also thinking "Dexter"...

  • I just love cherries! They're expensive, and also addictive. Can't eat just one or two. Nope, not me anyway.

  • Bought myself a new wallet this weekend. Used it for the first time yesterday, I think it was a good purchase.

  • My MIL's ashes will finally be buried. Ten days short from her death's first anniversary.

  • Crap! I just swallowed a cherry pit!

  • Had an interesting email exchange with a client earlier. I informed him that I wasn't a gentleman, but a gentlewoman. He felt embarassed and wrote back that I was "definitively a nice gentlewoman…"

  • Last night during dinner conversation, Hubby confirmed that he wasn't that subtle. He does read my blog, hee. Hello lurking Hubby! ;-)

  • I wish I lived closer to some bloggers. I'd like to meet some of you in person. Maybe one day an occasion will present itself.

  • I asked my meditation teacher about karma, and that comment Mrs. Stone had made... Karma is one complicated thing, and unlike what I thought originally, karma is not only a personal but it can be a family, group or even nation thing... interesting isn't it? One thing I do know, is that karma isn't "immediate".

  • Why is it that people always wait until the last minute to do things, and then complain about being rushed or lack of time? A friend called me yesterday asking if I knew someone who could help her. She needed to do a montage for her best-friend who's turning 50 in two weeks. But she will be leaving on Friday, for two weeks, sailing. It's not like she didn't know she would have to do this for a specific date a while back... I don't get that. If something is important or has meaning to you, why wait until the last minute to figure it out?
Random enough for you?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kitties definitely rock !!!
Dexter ? You will LOVE...!!!

Unknown said...

"My cat is aging... he sleeps a lot more"
How the hell can you tell? Both of our cats are less than three years old, and it seems that all they do is sleep, bug me about food, rearrange the furniture for about fifteen minutes a day, then sleep some more.

As for cherries, ever since seeing The Witches of Eastwick I won't go near them. ;-)

Purple Pigeon said...

Alas, my kitty too is aging...over 13! Still quite boisterous though....


Oh no! you are going to get a cherry tree growing in your stomach!! Though at least you'll get free cherries.

Don't worry, if i ever find myself in Canada, I'm coming for you muahahahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

Karma may not be immediate. But these days it is acting pretty fast. That is why the karmic connection between China's actions and the earthquake is so obvious to many people.

See more info on group karma at http://www.sentforlife.com/karma.html

kara said...

the cherry pit bit killed me. i almost choked on the wine. but that would've been okay since it's cheap swill.

we'll do lunch someday. promise.

Jane Doe said...

My psychiatrist & I talk about karma quite often, usually right before he writes up a slew of drugs for me.
He explained how different plants/animals have different karmic consequences & how the very poor are not expected to not eat meat (unfortunately, such as rats) because that is all they have.
But looking at it healthwise, it makes a LOT of sense. It's totally changed my outlook on how I eat.

Have you ever read, "The Tibetan book of living and dying"? If not, BUY IT. It's not the least depressing & is the most insightful book I have ever read... well, I'm still reading it.

lizgwiz said...

Random, indeed.

Did you ever let someone convince you as a kid that if you swallowed a seed or pit, a plant might grow in your stomach? I was too sensible to believe such nonsense, of course, but I'm pretty sure we convinced my sister...

stinkypaw said...

mousse: Thanks, I'll let you know!

marius: Tobi used to be playing a lot more... I think...

Love that scene in "The Witches...", one of my favorite!

pigeon: Tobi still has his moments. And you better show up, if ever you cross the pond!

dave: Welcome to my world! and thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

kara: Looking forward to that lunch!

lizgwiz: Of course! I still think of that, at least I did yesterday! ...not that I believe it or anything!

stinkypaw said...

jane: Sorry, didn't mean to skip you! I'll check out the book, despite it's strange title. Thanks!

Annake said...

You have GOT to watch Dexter. One of the best shows I've seen in a long time! :-D

Sometimes I wish karma was a little faster for certain coworkers. Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

I have an aging kitty, too, and it breaks my heart. :( I expect him to live forever, of course.

As for cherries - have you had the Rainier ones? OMG. To die for.

stinkypaw said...

ananke: I will, thanks! I'm sure you'd wish for karma to react faster! ;-)

lara: I'll have to check those Rainier one out. Thanks!

princess slea said...

i loved the first two seasons of nip tuck. the season with all the drama between julia and the boring doctor was not interesting to me but dr. christian troy?...yummy.

you should get the complete series of Six Feet Under. Awesome show.

stinkypaw said...

princess: I'm just starting Season 2 of "Nip / Tuck", and I used to watched "Six Feet Under" thus my curiosity for "Dexter" - David was such a strange personage... one of my fav show - had a thing for Nate...

simplypink said...

Someone commented once that I needed to watch Dexter. I've not done it yet. I agree with the person above that Six Feet Under was a good one. I love cherries too. They were on sale the other day, I bought them and almost fainted when I saw the ticket when I got home. BUT we think nothing of buying pricy junk food. At least cherries are healthy.

I hope things are going well with you. I've not been out and about lately and not visiting much. This morning is catch up day! Have a great weekend!

stinkypaw said...

pink: I've watched 2 episodes so far of "Dexter" and it's interesting. I'll keep watching, maybe you should as well!