Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Looking back...

Now that 2007 is really over, let’s look back on it. I’m not going to talk politics, I just don’t. I’m not going to talk about the price conspiracy of the petrol companies either, nor of how stupid the leader of our neighbours down South is…

Talking with Hubby I asked him if he did “look back” and his answer was “Fuck no! It’s done, it’s in the past, let’s move on!” I don’t really agree with him, but hey, it won’t be the first time. I think that when I take a few moments to do look back and revisit the year that just ended, it often reminds me of things I’ve done, and at times, helps me realise that maybe the things I’m trying to change are slowly changing…

Overall, 2007 wasn’t a bad year; it was just a very stressful and busy year. 2007 was our year of changes or transition. We had fun on our show shoeing weekend with friends in Charlevoix. This year promises lots more of those, and closer! We were overdue for a house change, either do some renovations or sell. That was the first piece of the domino that created this big ripple of changes for us. We opted to sell and thankfully we did very fast. Within nine days it was sold. We decided to move downtown, another big change from the suburbs. We participated in a charity event to raise money for cancer research, we spent a night up walking at the “Relay For Life”, a moving experience. Then, speaking of moving, we did just that! We moved in our condo, our unfinished condo, that is… We lived on a construction site for a few months and really were engaged in lots of mental efforts to be patient and tolerant and not to kill the next twat who came along and messed something up, again. We did manage that feat.
Hubby’s mother passed away in the middle of it all. Looking back, I can only be thankful for the fact that we made peace before she passed. In September we went for a week away in Vegas, with our good Hawaiian friend. We had a great week and enjoyed some magnificent shows while we were there. Le Cirque du Soleil rocks in Vegas with their shows like “O” and “Love”. That was money well spent. We’ve had a good year as far as entertainment went. We went to see: François Morency’s show, then during the “Just for Laugh Festival” we saw John Pinette’s Gala as well as the Hommage to Yvon Deschamps. I had a pleasant evening at the “Coupe Rogers” and saw some pretty good men tennis. Of course, the two shows from “Cirque du Soleil” in Vegas were amazing. We were also pleasantly surprised by Boucar Diouf and even had the chance to meet him after the show. And let’s not forget the fireworks. Even last night we saw some! I think I’ve seen more fireworks in the last six months of living here, and in all my life before. Granted there were fireworks competition in there, but still.
For the most part, health was good. I can only hope that 2008 will bring us some answers…

Looking back made me realise that even if I often felt like we were stuck in a never ending loop, especially in regards to the construction, it wasn’t that bad… Stressful, yes. Very. But not bad. I feel we were blessed and protected, and most importantly loved and that, in my eyes, is priceless.

I can only hope 2008 will be just as good, if not better!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I wish you and Cuzin a wonderful year, filled with health, love, and happiness.

2007 seemed to be a year of big changes, let's hope things will start to settle down in 2008!!

Love you both!

Purple Pigeon said...

Happy new year pidge! Has been a funny ole year hasnt it? Best of luck for the oncoming 365 days, and heres to many fridays smiles!!!

Anonymous said...

So- any lessons learned? And a fireworks competition- how cool is that?

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and I agree with hubby..:)

Mike said...

2007 was not a good year for me, but I am hoping to do better in 2008. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I do appreciate it.

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a LOT of changes! I hope this year is a little calmer for you and hubby. :-D

stinkypaw said...

suzie: Ditto and we love you as well!

pigeon: Cheers! Just happy to see 2007 over and done with!

monkey: My lesson for 2007 was "be careful what you wish/ask for!"

As for the fireworks, Montreal's been hosting an International competition since 1985, every summer, for a month. Check out their site (all in one sentence): http://www.internationaldesfeux
loto-quebec.com/index_en.php

robert: Of course you would! ;-)

mike: Welcome to my blog and let's hope 2008 is better for you!

sarah: Thanks & welcome to my blog!

ananke: You and me both! :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

That photograph has got me in the right frame of mind for 2008 - which is a bit upsetting!
Linky love all round - ta very much.

Unknown said...

While the year ended in a good way, ie new jobs, new blends, I'm just a glad to see this one go. I'm very happy that your ledger seems to be heavier on the good side. And now on to the, hopefully, brighter future. To infinity and beyond!!!!

MYM said...

Sounds like 07 was a year of a lot of changes for you! Here's wishing for a peaceful 08!

I love that picture...I had to look twice to figure it out!

stinkypaw said...

daddy surfer: now, now, don't be upset!...

marius: Toy Story we are not in... but still love it! :-)

drowseymonkey: One can only hope, thanks!

Kala said...

OMG - that picture was so funny! I sent that to my friend! You sure had a busy year - I mean with all the personal things and all - glad you made it out alive! You have a great outlook and a good sense of humor to boot so I hope you have a less stressful 2008! Nice to read your postings =)

stinkypaw said...

kala: Welcome back stranger! I'm just happy 2007 is done and I'm looking forward to 2008!